Where will Casey end Up?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Where will Casey find employment in 2011?

Western CFL team
10%
Eastern CFL team
12%
Motivational Speaker for Anger Management Company
22%
Flipping Burgers
41%
Pro's vs Joe's (your choice)
15%

Total votes: 41
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I had to pick flippin' burgers.

This from his front page: "Understand how Casey didn’t allow his own internal battles and external forces to determine his outcome."

The above statement is now completely false. Both of those things have just happened. He had the talent, and let inner demons and external forces get the best of him. The only team to give him a chance after Hamilton was BC, he was there available for weeks so I need to ask what has changed now? I think there may be a couple new GM's since that signing but still, I don't think those guys are desperate.
Rammer
Team Captain

Tighthead wrote:I think this is probably a washout point for CP.

I hope he finds success and satisfaction wherever he goes. Some of his wounds were self inflicted, but he played hard on the field and he played hurt.

I won't make cracks about a guy working in fast food. Most of us have had some tough periods or career setbacks at some point in our life, and didn't need people laughing at us to remind us of those circumstances. All work has dignity, and I won't make cracks about somebody flipping burgers or serving fries. I have always thought that makes the person making the comment look small, not the person flipping the burgers.
Oh I agree on the underlying meaning to a degree. However, I think that it is more of a cliche in today's sports world. It will always be brought up when a pro athlete loses his job due to his own undoing, and there really isn't a better example of this than Casey after the weekend. Realize the reason that "flipping burgers" is the designated job is more due to the fact that it is an entree job for teens in the workforce, and not about demeaning the work itself.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blitz
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:

I hope he finds success and satisfaction wherever he goes. Some of his wounds were self inflicted, but he played hard on the field and he played hurt.

I won't make cracks about a guy working in fast food. Most of us have had some tough periods or career setbacks at some point in our life, and didn't need people laughing at us to remind us of those circumstances. All work has dignity, and I won't make cracks about somebody flipping burgers or serving fries. I have always thought that makes the person making the comment look small, not the person flipping the burgers.
Oh I agree on the underlying meaning to a degree. However, I think that it is more of a cliche in today's sports world. It will always be brought up when a pro athlete loses his job due to his own undoing, and there really isn't a better example of this than Casey after the weekend. Realize the reason that "flipping burgers" is the designated job is more due to the fact that it is an entree job for teens in the workforce, and not about demeaning the work itself.
I agree but I stil think it's cruel. There should never be joy over someone losing their job. Perhaps we can believe its the right decision but there should never be delight in it.

I sometimes think I supported Casey Printers so much here in B.C. because he really was an underdog and I tend to support underdogs. Printers was an underdog in the quarterback controversy with Dickenson, he was an underdog in terms of how the press dealt with him, he was an underdog due to Chapdelaine being the coach here, and he was an underdog on Lionbackers during his first stint here in B.C.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
rb
Champion

KnowItAll wrote:I guess this is what he will be doing

http://www.caseyprintersinc.com/home.html
His site needs a proofer/editor for spelling and grammar.

"While not attaining the marquise player for the Chiefs"

Anyway, I think Casey's basically a decent guy who just doesn't seem to have the ideal personality for a pro QB. The basic physical talent and intelligence is there, although the injuries seemed to have taken away some of the mobility that once made him special. Good luck to him in whatever he does next. I don't really expect to see him back in the CFL.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Think about some of these statements next time you go to get a burger. Take a good look at the person behind the counter. They work very hard, get paid very little and deserve better respect than this.

LOL, now substitute the guy flipping the burger for your avatar....it seems burger flippers don't get the same love as officials????????

Just sayin, but lets cut out the do-gooder mentality

For the record, I voted for Pro's V Joes
I wouldn't really call it do gooder, just civil. As for my Avatar, you may have a point but it doesn't reference just one person who just got fired either. I have been contemplating a change however and this may be the time to do it.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
I agree but I stil think it's cruel. There should never be joy over someone losing their job. Perhaps we can believe its the right decision but there should never be delight in it.

I sometimes think I supported Casey Printers so much here in B.C. because he really was an underdog and I tend to support underdogs. Printers was an underdog in the quarterback controversy with Dickenson, he was an underdog in terms of how the press dealt with him, he was an underdog due to Chapdelaine being the coach here, and he was an underdog on Lionbackers during his first stint here in B.C.
Really? I will have to check back if and when Chap ever loses his.
bclions16
Champion

Lion Guy wrote:
Blitz wrote:

HA!
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Blitz
Team Captain

bclions16 wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
Blitz wrote:

HA!
I would never be joyful over Chap losing his job. I would be mightily relieved though. I think it would be the right decision for our Leos. At the same time, if Chapo ever changed his coaching philosophy I would be content to see him remain.

Chap will always be able to find employment either at the pro level again and definitely at the college level. Printers options are not as good.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Tighthead
Legend

Rammer wrote:

Rammer - I know what you meant and have no issue with it.

It is easy to kick someone when they are in tough, and some people seem to be doing just that. As Dylan said, "when I was down, you just stood there grinning...".
Oiler
Rookie

Well said, fans can be pretty ignorant at times.
pennw
Legend

Funny thing is , the guy who made the poll , is a Casey supporter .
I agree with your point Tighthead , even though I think cutting Printers was right thing to do , I still very bad for him .
Gerry
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:Wouldn't it be something if he won the 2011 Grey Cup at BC Place Stadium as the starting quarterback for the Toronto Argonauts?
Did ya get some wood while you were typing that up?

Just a little?
Enough is enough.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

zark wrote:From the Toronto Star
http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/ ... y-printers
I wasn't sure which Casey thread to put this into. I thought of starting another one, but I shuddered at the thought.
Argonauts not interested in Casey Printers
Oh, the thought of Braley's one team cutting their marquee player only for him to wind up on Braley's other team with the ink barely dry on the Lions' we-cut-Casey press release. The media would really have a tough time finding the right angle on that one.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Blitz
Team Captain

Travis Lulay comments in today's Vancouver Sun:

" I feel sad what happened to Casey," Lulay admitted yesterday. "For me, I was personally disappointed to see him go out that way. It's a hard way to go out. But, for me, it was funny to see the media . . . I don't know, kind of act like jackals. They jumped on him. I thought there might have been a more reflective approach like, 'T his is what could have been, what a disappointing finish.' It was just disappointing to see how it all went down. It was more 'Get Casey' than 'We feel sorry for Casey.' But there's two ends to that stick, I guess."

The news of Printers' release, following his unseemly confrontation with teammate O'Neil Wilson after the Lions' 47-35 overtime loss to the Blue Bombers Monday, brought out the paparazzi to practice Wednesday for the almost agreeable business of seeing Printers get his comeuppance. Carnivorous might begin to describe the mood. We picked at the dead carcass of Printers' Lions career, taking our turns, as did some Lion players.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Gerry wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:Wouldn't it be something if he won the 2011 Grey Cup at BC Place Stadium as the starting quarterback for the Toronto Argonauts?
Did ya get some wood while you were typing that up?

Just a little?
Post of the year candidate.