BC Lions Rain Poncho

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

QB Club 63
All Star

Since the 2010 season will be played out of doors this seems like a prime opportunity for someone (Hey Rick, are you listening?) to come up with a cool retro rain poncho for the coming season. Yeah, it'll only be worn for possibly the one season, but that's why they call them collectibles. :2cents:

Wa-a-a-ay back in the days of old Empire we sat in section EE which the very last section in the northeastern corner, and some nights when it rained (some? Make that most!) there'd be a north wind blowing the rain in under the roof. I can't remember how many times we each stayed comfy & dry in our white plastic poncho with the big Lions logo on it (the mountain lion with its paw on the football). :roar:

I'm picturing a special commemorative poncho, maybe with reference to the 58th Season, Empire Stadium, # of Grey Cup wins, sponsor, what have you. The club could even distribute them as a free bonus for season ticket buyers to shut up those whiney *itchers who are too urbanized to sit outside in the elements (the stadium seating will have a roof, for crying out loud! I'm just glad none of them have noticed the posts). :wink:

In case Rick is indeed tuned in, just let me say I would drive from North Van to Chilliwack to buy a BC Lions poncho. :thup:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Maybe like this one. BB Image
Last edited by Ballistic Bob on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wear orange or wear nothing
QB Club 63
All Star

Exactly! :beauty: :roar:

Right on, Bob! :beer:
donefron
Starter

BCLions4Ever
Rookie

Do you recall the time period when you wore that white rain poncho with the lions logo? I just bought one, exactly as described, in mint condition - not a blemish on it and the lion graphic is crisp and bright. I don't live in vancouver but hope to make it into "town" for at least one game, and if it rains I plan to wear this poncho. I am a bit of a collector and would like to confirm when these were originally used.

Thanks
GW
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

Ballistic Bob Rocks. Cool.