OS99 on Bill Good Show this morning to talk tailgating

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Soundy
Hall of Famer

From the Bill Good Show profile on Crackbook:
11:30 – 11:50
JIM MULLIN, SPORTS DIRECTOR, CKNW

BRIAN WAWRYSHYN (PRON. WAR-ISH-IN), FAN AND BLOGGER, BC LIONS DEN DOT CA

Re: Why aren’t Lions fans allowed to tailgate? After an incredibly successful and fun Olympics, haven’t we learned anything? Are we back to being a no-fun zone?
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Good show, Brian-bring it MORE to the forefront. Bring MORE attention to TGing :dizzy:
Real women wear orange!!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

FWIW, Brian has always in the past provided a good, reasonable voice to the media in support of tailgating, always done a great job to portray TGers in general in a good light.

It was already on Global News last night, so it's not like people aren't already hearing about it. In fact, that media attention is probably a big part of WHY he's going on today, to help dispell the inevitable misconceptions.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
bclions16
Champion

CatsEyes wrote:Good show, Brian-bring it MORE to the forefront. Bring MORE attention to TGing :dizzy:
Huh?
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:FWIW, Brian has always in the past provided a good, reasonable voice to the media in support of tailgating, always done a great job to portray TGers in general in a good light.

It was already on Global News last night, so it's not like people aren't already hearing about it. In fact, that media attention is probably a big part of WHY he's going on today, to help dispell the inevitable misconceptions.
Well you and I have seen different things then. IMO, it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission, and to aggressively pursue the media and confront parking personnel and Lions staff is not the way to effectively handle this.
Real women wear orange!!
bclions16
Champion

CatsEyes wrote:IMO, it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission, and to aggressively pursue the media and confront parking personnel and Lions staff is not the way to effectively handle this.
How many times can you ask for forgiveness with 10 home games a season?
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Great stuff Jim
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
bclions16
Champion

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Great stuff Jim
Apparently Jim is being aggressively pursued on this topic in the same way parking personnel and Lions staff are being confronted... :P
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

:popcorn: and the beat goes on huh Kim?

If you had even a clue of what you were talking about maybe you would have a point.

First of all I'm not aggressively pursuing media they were there and it's steamrolled from there. Because of my website, I am getting a lot of media requests in the last 24 hours.

Second of all, no one is hanging the Lions out to dry here. Their mistake was not informing their season ticket holders before 10:30am yesterday. They don't own the lots, and their hands are tied unless they get some cooperation.

And lastly, bringing this to the forefront got us a tailgate lot last year, and I have an e-mail inviting us back to use it in 2011. You can sit around and pretend no one is going to see your tailgate, or you can be proactive and helping find a solution.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Thanks for your efforts, Brian. The atmosphere in the parking lots and around the stadium before the game Sunday reminded me of a playoff game. I noticed a lot of people tailgating and throwing a ball around and was shocked when I saw security staff on Global News forcing people to put away their barbecues and lawn chairs. I think public sympathy is on the side of tailgaters. Keep it up and I might even stop by sometime to say hi.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

"Certainly police can't be impressed by having their extensive training result in hovering over some middle aged guy and a grill full of wieners enforcing the nanny state."
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
David
Team Captain

Jim Mullin wrote:"Certainly police can't be impressed by having their extensive training result in hovering over some middle aged guy and a grill full of wieners enforcing the nanny state."
Not to mention that 2 miles west, a small army of crack dealers and junkies are flouting the law by shooting up and dealing in public, yet for the privilege of paying $30 I can't grill a smokie wiener and drink a plastic cup of beer? Talk about misplaced priorities....

I don't know if Global TV just happened to be there with their cameras and caught the frustration among fans or what, but they sure stumbled on a good story with tailgating (fast forward to about 9:30 left in the video) here.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

It was nice to see Chalka offering a voice in support of his ST holders complaints about the TG'ing situation. However, I am pretty sure that his solution would be to offer a Lions TG'ing section where a beer and a burger cost you $10. I think that until Brian finds a solution that the authorities albeit the parking lot or Vancouver Police, TG'ing isn't going to go larger scale than a handful surrounding a BBQ and a couple of lookouts to warn of impending shutdown mode.
Entertainment value = an all time low
mrs.joesports
Rookie

CatsEyes wrote:
Soundy wrote:FWIW, Brian has always in the past provided a good, reasonable voice to the media in support of tailgating, always done a great job to portray TGers in general in a good light.

Well you and I have seen different things then. IMO, it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission, and to aggressively pursue the media and confront parking personnel and Lions staff is not the way to effectively handle this.

No....begging forgiveness instead of getting permission is along the same lines as pleading ignorance.

I think it's always better to do things thru proper channels, as convoluted and frustrating as they may be. Get an understanding from the "powers that be" (as was apparently supposed to be the case here, months ago), and then you never have to apologize or play hide & seek with the authorities. How much fun is that, anyway?

The Global story showed several groups of tailgaters being shut down in lot 9, not just OS99's, so obviously several groups were under the assumption that tailgating was allowed.

P.S. Interested to see how many people who are currently "begging forgiveness" will gladly come into the light if/when the PNE & the Lions come to an agreement as a result of the situation yesterday. :juggle:
This is OUR league...