FINALLY! inside pics of Empire Field!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

2012 Season Ticket Holder
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

It looks like the endzones are benches only
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:It looks like the endzones are benches only
Or unfinished. I'm not sure which it is. There are a lot of black stacks of what look like extra seats stacked along the west sideline.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I could be wrong but wasn't that always the plan? Looking at the seating plan where you see those seats stopping and the benches starting is exactly where the $45 silver seats stop and the $35 bronze seats start.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
I could be wrong but wasn't that always the plan? Looking at the seating plan where you see those seats stopping and the benches starting is exactly where the $45 silver seats stop and the $35 bronze seats start.
In looking back at the original artist's drawings, you appear to be right. They showed blue seats on the sidelines and corners where the black ones are now, and grey seats in the end zones where the silver benches are. I don't recall any communication from the Lions saying those of us in the end zones would have to sit on benches, though.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Yeah, I though this was common knowledge, too. :S
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

would it have been so hard for them to stand in the middle of the field and do a 360 in photos???
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

But why? That's makes no sense... hmmm
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:I don't recall any communication from the Lions saying those of us in the end zones would have to sit on benches, though.
Elementary my dear Watson. Everybody is all excited about going Back to the Future to get that nostalgic feel of old Empire Stadium. That couldn't possibly be complete without a place where fans can sit on planks in the middle of an October rain.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:I don't recall any communication from the Lions saying those of us in the end zones would have to sit on benches, though.
Elementary my dear Watson. Everybody is all excited about going Back to the Future to get that nostalgic feel of old Empire Stadium. That couldn't possibly be complete without a place where fans can sit on planks in the middle of an October rain.
I hear, just in case it doesnt rain enough, they going to pour water on the fans from hoses on the roof :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
Hambone wrote:
I hear, just in case it doesnt rain enough, they going to pour water on the fans from hoses on the roof :wink:
And they're going to move some pigeon nests up into the rafters so fans can get pooped on the head. Ahhh.. the good ol' days.
sacker
Rookie

Hopefully will be working at empire.
Rick James
Legend

Where's the porta potties?