Lions at Alouettes, Game Day Thread, November 22, 2009

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Just when you thought we had a chance to come back in this game, on comes the defence to kill that idea.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The noise is obviously affecting the playcalling. Dean Valli was late snapping the football.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

game set match
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
ziggy
Legend

rout!
hutch
Champion

Later Paulie
KILLER
Legend

so long...have a good xmas...see yall next year!
DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL WITH NASTY BIG POINTY TEETH!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

What else can go wrong???
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It's going to be a very interesting off season.
The_Pauser
Legend

JohnHenry wrote:We should give the Als credit, they are superior in every facet of the game. They have kept BC off balance all game, almost like they know our formations better than us. :hypno:
Gee I wonder why?
Roar you Lions roar!
LFITQ
Team Captain

And just think, next year the Lions are going to be playing in a temp stadium (location unknown) and the business heads in Surrey have decided with that and this year's showing it is a good time to INCREASE ticket prices - YET AGAIN. What is it 6 years of increased prices?

I'm hoping they have a good marketing plan in the off-season. Afterall, Braley said the new club seats helped off set the loss in season tickets this year. What is he going to do next year without those club seats?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Leo_on_Rideau
Champion

Moral victory! Als dropped an INT!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:We should give the Als credit, they are superior in every facet of the game. They have kept BC off balance all game, almost like they know our formations better than us. :hypno:
What makes you think they've got our playbook?

Clap's missing laptop?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
The_Pauser
Legend

I'm glad people here think we don't need to put more money into bringing in a new offensive line... :bang:
Roar you Lions roar!
Leo_on_Rideau
Champion

JohnHenry wrote:We should give the Als credit,
I will give the Als credit when I give the Colorado Avalanche credit -- when they have to build a team from the ground up like everybody else, rather than benefiting from the organic growth of having relocated the best team in the league.

The Renegades would probably still be around if they were the Baltimore Stallions.