tainted win

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The logic here is as suspect as is the math. That one play IF it were offside was 7 points. Deduct the 7 and what do you get? A Riders win????????

Mistakes get made by refs at all levels. If you have been involved in sports, that stuff happens. I
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

lj909 wrote:the play on Friday night in B.C. in which Lions’ player, James Yurichuk, kicked a loose ball forward – what’s known as dribbling – and teammate O’Neil Wilson picked it up for a touchdown was actually an illegal play.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/bl ... o_mistake/

the CFL needs to strip the lions of this win - obviously, they won't.
It wasn't an "illegal" play. It was a missed call. The zebras missed the fact Aragki was not onside and couldn't be the first one to play the dribbled ball. The Riders could've challenged the play, won the challenge and been granted possession at their own 30. They didn't and it cost them a TD. You say BC should be stripped of a win because the Riders didn't challenge the play.

The week before the zebras missed the fact Mallett crossed the plane of the goal line. It wasn't an illegal play either, but a missed call. The Lions could have challenged the play, won the challenge and been granted the TD. They didn't and it cost them a TD. Should the Ti-Cats be stripped of a win because BC didn't challenge?

The week before that the zebras flagged Aragki for no-yards when he still 6 yards away when the Stampeder returner caught the ball. Should the Stamps be stripped of the win too because the officials blew the call?
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Toppy Vann wrote:The logic here is as suspect as is the math. That one play IF it were offside was 7 points. Deduct the 7 and what do you get? A Riders win????????

Mistakes get made by refs at all levels. If you have been involved in sports, that stuff happens. I
Anybody who has been involved in sports knows full well that for every time they get screwed on something like that there is another time when they benefit. Of course nobody likes to admit to the latter. The other part that gets lost on many Rider fans on this particular instance is the fact that had the play been challenged and subsequently overturned the Riders would've had the ball at their own 30. There was still 40 seconds to go in the half. With that much time the Riders would've tried to move into FG range. Hold the Riders to a 2 and out on say 2 incomplete passes and BC could still get the ball back in decent field position with time to put some points on the board themselves.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
nelson95
Legend

One could say that the offside was negated by the fact Yari was obstructed on his way to putting Araki onside(by passing him)

otherwise sour grapes(green grapes)

Thank you come again
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
David
Team Captain

Really. You took the time and effort to register on this site just to belly-ache to us about getting a bad break? Friend, we've had enough bad breaks through the first 6 games to last a whole season....and then some. You'll get little sympathy here.

But thanks for trying.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Tighthead
Legend

nelson95 wrote:One could say that the offside was negated by the fact Yari was obstructed on his way to putting Araki onside(by passing him)

otherwise sour grapes(green grapes)

Thank you come again
N95 - are you certain that a player can put others onside like in rugby? I glanced at the rules and didn't see that.
korey&dante4ever
Champion

That play didn't have an impact on the end result.
On the other hand, the Lions kicking the Riders butt on Offense, Defense and ST's did...
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Well I for one, am shocked at the sort of welcome shown here to our new very bestest friend EV-ar lj909.

He came here to educate us as to the error of our ways; he means well, and by well that equates to the Saskatchewan Roughriders having every call go their way from now on, forever and ever, Amen. This is how the god of wheat and flatness meant the world to be.

Take heed, all: lj1909 could easily be not just a normal troll, but that one rarity that sees him edumakated through the superior Saskabushian school system, then sent off to Calgary as the missionary, there to spread the word to the heathens. In other words, he is omnipotent and all knowing.

From Calgary, where there is electricity and the innersnet, he discovered he could Korrekt us in our evilness.

I for one, am thankful that he is here. He is no troll...but he could be that Holy of Holies...the CHOSEN WHEATIE.

< cue choir>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smooth
All Star

So if I follow the Prairie logic here for a moment I come to the following conclusion:
-1 missed call against BC by the officials should take 7 points away from the Lions, therefore the 11 holding calls missed against the Riders should add 77 points to the Lions final tally. I'm willing to give up 7 points to gain 77.

Wheat licker for Commish!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

How many times have the Lions being jobbed by the infamous timekeeper at Taylor Field ?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

We beat the Riders, even after going easy on them in the first quarter, and not punching in our scores.

We even gave them a chance near the end by going for it on 3rd and 1 from inside our own 25. Even though we did not convert we still beat them.

Getting a blown call from the referees against the Riders makes it even sweeter.

What's more, we will get to see that play over and over for years. It goes into the archives as one of the most unusual and exciting plays ever. And every time they show it, we end up with the ball in their endzone. Amazing.

Sweeeet
mrs.joesports
Rookie

Solar Max wrote:Well I for one, am shocked at the sort of welcome shown here to our new very bestest friend EV-ar lj909.

He came here to educate us as to the error of our ways; he means well, and by well that equates to the Saskatchewan Roughriders having every call go their way from now on, forever and ever, Amen. This is how the god of wheat and flatness meant the world to be.

Take heed, all: lj1909 could easily be not just a normal troll, but that one rarity that sees him edumakated through the superior Saskabushian school system, then sent off to Calgary as the missionary, there to spread the word to the heathens. In other words, he is omnipotent and all knowing.

From Calgary, where there is electricity and the innersnet, he discovered he could Korrekt us in our evilness.

I for one, am thankful that he is here. He is no troll...but he could be that Holy of Holies...the CHOSEN WHEATIE.

< cue choir>

:rotf: That is the funniest thing I've read all day....... :thup: :thup: :thup:
This is OUR league...
joesports
All Star

Solar Max wrote:Well I for one, am shocked at the sort of welcome shown here to our new very bestest friend EV-ar lj909.

< cue choir>
I think that SM is onto something here. I think we need to be edumakated by the Chosen Wheatie.

It is not for us to question since they know all. Nothing is ever their fault and they do no wrong. Ask them. :bang:

If I'm not mistaken, even on RF(gag) they mostly agree that Miller should have thrown the flag.

I do wonder where SM gets these pictures though..........
hwgill
Legend

I was killing myself laughing on that one too...that one sure brightened my day. :)
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Agreed, great picture of the Shreddies. I wonder if we can find some wheat husks that are a likeness of the choosen Wheatie to put up on our mantels and be in awe of.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.