Arland Bruce done with Argos?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

http://www.cfl.ca/article/argos-leave-bruce-at-home

Sounds like he could be on the way out? Would be a nice addition to the Lions receiving corps...
jim604
All Star

The addition of Corey Rodgers today to their practice roster seems to indicate further, I think.
#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

I don't care how talented he is, we do not need an attitude like his on the team. After reading that article, hope he heads anywhere but a CFL team. Talent isn't the only thing. If players can't work as a team, they won't win anything! :2cents:
Big Time
Champion

I've never thought his talent was anywhere near his ego. He's a decent receiver but that's it. He couldn't hold a candle to Geroy and Paris Jackson is probably better than him too. Considering AB3's attitude, he's no where near worth the trouble.
David
Team Captain

Big Time wrote:I've never thought his talent was anywhere near his ego. He's a decent receiver but that's it. He couldn't hold a candle to Geroy and Paris Jackson is probably better than him too. Considering AB3's attitude, he's no where near worth the trouble.
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. I think Arland is a hell of talent. In fact I would put him in the Top 5 in the CFL. Trouble is, he's never had decent quarterbacks to throw to him. This is not to say I'd want him on the Lions, I am just commenting on his ability.
JohnHenry wrote:I think the Ti-Cats would welcome Bruce with open arms (especially if he brings along a spare Argos playbook)...perhaps trading Matt Carter?
Not sure why the Ti-Cats would want to give up anyone, let alone an up-and-coming Canadian receiver. This war of words between player and coach has turned toxic. The Argos won't be dealing from strength and aren't likely receive anyone for him (see Derrick Armstrong).

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Big Time wrote:I've never thought his talent was anywhere near his ego. He's a decent receiver but that's it. He couldn't hold a candle to Geroy and Paris Jackson is probably better than him too. Considering AB3's attitude, he's no where near worth the trouble.
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. I think Arland is a hell of talent. In fact I would put him in the Top 5 in the CFL. Trouble is, he's never had decent quarterbacks to throw to him. This is not to say I'd want him on the Lions, I am just commenting on his ability.
JohnHenry wrote:I think the Ti-Cats would welcome Bruce with open arms (especially if he brings along a spare Argos playbook)...perhaps trading Matt Carter?
Not sure why the Ti-Cats would want to give up anyone, let alone an up-and-coming Canadian receiver. This war of words between player and coach has turned toxic. The Argos won't be dealing from strength and aren't likely receive anyone for him (see Derrick Armstrong).

DH
The Lions cut Carter, so I don't know he can be called an up and coming talent. That and $4 will get you a coffee.
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:

DH
I wouldn't hesitate to include him for the Lions if I thought that the Lions had enough leadership to help guide him. That said, we aren't in the position to mold him currently.
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Arland Bruce in orange and black. But with what, 4 disciplinary actions since the start of the season, he may be bad for team chemistry.

Still, can you image having Arland Bruce and Geroy Simon as your slotbacks and putting Paris Jackson back to wideout with Emmanuel Arceneaux? :shock:

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Arland Bruce in orange and black. But with what, 4 disciplinary actions since the start of the season, he may be bad for team chemistry.

Still, can you image having Arland Bruce and Geroy Simon as your slotbacks and putting Paris Jackson back to wideout with Emmanuel Arceneaux? :shock:

DH
That would definitely mean the Lions wouldn't have enough balls to keep Bruce happy. :popcorn:
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
That would definitely mean the Lions wouldn't have enough balls to keep Bruce happy. :popcorn:
I see what you did there. :i:
Ravi
Legend

David wrote:Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Arland Bruce in orange and black. But with what, 4 disciplinary actions since the start of the season, he may be bad for team chemistry.

DH
Would you be willing to trade a third round draft pick to Toronto for Bruce?
Rammer
Team Captain

Ravi wrote:

DH
How about we wait for him to become a FA and not have to pay his $190K.
Ravi
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Ravi wrote:

DH
Well, it was worth a try. :wink:
Rammer
Team Captain

Ravi wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Ravi wrote:
Well, it was worth a try. :wink:
:) I am sure that is the problem right now from the Argo's perspective. All the CFL knows that he will come free so it makes a deal near impossible just due to his salary, nevermind the attitude.