Miami lands MLS franchise for 2010. Where does this leave us

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

So you're saying that Uncle Ed's blog isn't the gospel???

Wow....such a surprise.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:So you're saying that Uncle Ed's blog isn't the gospel???

Wow....such a surprise.
Sorry to break the illusion for everyone here.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
nelson95
Legend

[color=#BF4080]don't care[/color]
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Vancouver won't get the franchise because of the leaking roof. :lol:
Bleddyn
Starter

After months of having January as the target for a decision on expansion in 2011, MLS will now wait until March to make its final decision on which two markets will be given expansion teams in 2011.
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_i ... march.html

Next I expect a thread by facedown45 claiming the Miami MLS team has signed Casey Printers to play striker for them. :bang:

..Of note, the poll on that page has this as the current results:
Which of the five remaining MLS expansion candidates would get your vote?

Miami 16%
Ottawa 17%
Portland 23%
St. Louis 27%
Vancouver 14%
Vancouver in last place, just by a little. Miami 2nd to last.
firstdown45

Of course the MLS is going to deny it. They denied Seattle was getting a team until the day of the press conference announcement.

The MLS will deny the earth is round
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

firstdown45 wrote:Of course the MLS is going to deny it. They denied Seattle was getting a team until the day of the press conference announcement.

So are we (NW, 1040, 1130) supposed to off a blog post in the Orlando Sentinel based upon a poorly translated story from a Spanish sports-only paper versus the word of the MLS office and the Vancouver Whitecaps?

Seriously, dude.
:wag:

Although, my money is on Miami, Vancouver and Portland in that order.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Come on Jim....don't bring logic or actual sources into the equation. :lol:

Especially when Senor Uncle Ed's blog is available and you have a correspondent with FD45's credentials reporting it. :bang:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Bleddyn
Starter

firstdown45 wrote:Of course the MLS is going to deny it. They denied Seattle was getting a team until the day of the press conference announcement.

Uh huh... So you were wrong about a franchise being announced.. you were even wrong about the year, your title says 2010, the new teams will be appearing in 2011...

You did get all the spelling in the title right.. that's a first! You did however forget a question mark at the end of a question.....

Overall a 1.5/10 on the topic. Bravo!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

:sleep: :sleep:
footy
All Star

March 19 is the date and anyone with knowledge of the Miami area sports market knows that putting another pro team in Miami just is a waste of money. I really have a good vibe about Vancouver's chances we have the right owners and the BC Place will be able to be changed around when needed to make the atmopshere a great place to watch soccer. :beer:
firstdown45

It's not a waste of money if that Barcelona guy is making all those noises.

They're already dancing in Miami.

And Portland may pull a surprise and beat us out. I understand they'll be voting in a couple of weeks on releasing bonds to renovate PGE Park.

But the Sex scandal with the Portland Mayor is a huge distraction down there, not entirely different than the Eric Tillman situation right now
bclions16
Champion

firstdown45 wrote:It's not a waste of money if that Barcelona guy is making all those noises.

They're already dancing in Miami.

And Portland may pull a surprise and beat us out. I understand they'll be voting in a couple of weeks on releasing bonds to renovate PGE Park.

But the Sex scandal with the Portland Mayor is a huge distraction down there, not entirely different than the Eric Tillman situation right now
Man, you are so dialed in. I think you should have a late night current events radio talk show... NOISELINE PM!

"Yes caller, go ahead. You're live on the air with the NOISELINE!"
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
firstdown45

one minute Miami has a new franchise, the next minute the deal is rejected.

It says here that MLS rejected the bid:

http://www.eufootball.biz/Clubs/6684-mi ... l_mls.html
Bleddyn
Starter

Where do you come up with these sources? Do you have a subscription to Obsurenewsfeeds.ru or something? While this time I do agree with the headline.. they go on to report that both British Columbia AND Vancouver are in the running for a team....

And for the record, Miami didn't have a deal one min, then it is rejected the next. The only person who reported it was a done deal was Uncle Ed, and yes his apparent fallability has shaken us all...