Official NFL Thread 2008-09 Super Bowl 43 - Pitt 27 Ariz 23

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:I won a 50 inch plasma HD TV at Seymours pub after the game. BB
You are the luckiest guy ever! So, when can we come over and watch? 8)
Real women wear orange!!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Well, ProBowl was the last football I watch until CFL Preseason. Fitz had a couple nice catchs. I think this is the best of the ProSports All-Star games but I'm a football nut....

Also, I give the newish NFL logo a :thup: I didn't see a need to change the old one but the new one is fine, IMO.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Congratulations to Larry Fitzgerald for his two TD catches and being selected MVP. Of course, it's very little consolation for him as he'd rather hold the other trophy.

祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Holmes (Superbowl MVP) & Fitzgerald (ProBowl MVP) both got brand new Cadillacs. None of the pizzaz like Eli getting to pick which model after he was 2008 Superbowl MVP. Not too surprising really. You should get a prize for being named MVP but Cadillac didn't want to advertise the free cars!

:shock: Surprised to find out (Pratt/Taylor) Big Ben QB'd the Steelers to a Superbowl win playing with two cracked ribs. I'm guessing courtesy of the Ravens but who knows.....
Robbie
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Holmes (Superbowl MVP) & Fitzgerald (ProBowl MVP) both got brand new Cadillacs. None of the pizzaz like Eli getting to pick which model after he was 2008 Superbowl MVP. Not too surprising really. You should get a prize for being named MVP but Cadillac didn't want to advertise the free cars
Do you remember it was not too long ago in the CFL when the Grey Cup MVP was awarded a vehicle as well.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
notahomer
Hall of Famer

The MVP won a car and the Top Canadian got the use of a car for a year, IIRC. I just remember due to the fiasco back in 1994 when a Baltimore Stallion won the MVP (Tracey Ham?) even though his team lost the game.

I think the ProBowl will be neat next year. It will be played in Miami and be held the week BEFORE the Superbowl. So, obviously players from the two Superbowl Teams will be giving the Probowl a miss.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:The MVP won a car and the Top Canadian got the use of a car for a year, IIRC. I just remember due to the fiasco back in 1994 when a Baltimore Stallion won the MVP (Tracey Ham?) even though his team lost the game.
Karl Anthony
祝你龍年行大運。