1977 Lions uniform, logo and Helmet The Best Of All Time!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

tigerrr22 wrote:You guys! Burnt Orange with the black numbers that have the white trim is it! Think about the age of colour television sets! I would suggest the Lions offer up these other mentioned black retro jerseys as third jerseys in 2011 but let's get the orange 1977 jerseys together first! The black numbers do not suggest A & W employee of the month to me with these orange jerseys! Just sharp uniforms with those awesome black helmets. The logo on these helmets is the best of all time in pro football. Kicks serious butt on the lions' logo of today!

The seventies seem to be glory for many things too! Muscle cars with style. Houses that could be bought by average joes who work in the local ecomomy! The NFL does the seventies too! look at the NY Jets! Joe Namath era uniforms! The NY Giants have a seventies look too.

How about the Vancouver Canucks with their vintage blue 1974 uniforms we saw a couple of seasons ago! Classic, nostalgic and simple solid style that has an emotional appeal to the fans of the past while being relevant for fans of today and developing the teams uniforms for tommorrow's fans too!

Open roof era football will be a buzz for the team to capitalize on at BC Place in 2011. The black 1977 helmet with orange face mask has got to be the helmet for the team and hopefully burnt orange home and white away uniforms identical to the 1977 Cardiac Kids. I remember that thrilling game in Ottawa as well. What a spectacular game to behold. I was ten years old and that was the day I decided that Jerry Tagge was the greatest football player of all time! He also threw a few ducks in his day (like me) but he was a gun slinger! All or nothing through the air with Jerry Tagge!

I am trieing to get Chayka to read this thread in regards to uniforms for the 2011 season. No response today to my email via community relations passing the link to Chayka's intraoffice emall but I will keep trying. Please share your thoughts in this thread and show BC Lions team management that you want the black helmets a la 1977 in 2011! Don't just read the thread. Post here to show the team this is what we want! Well I'm back in black!! (ACDC glory!)

Dominic In Vancouver
So....any luck hearing back from George Chayka on this?

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar