CKNW - Glenn trade bait... Printers on the move?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Soundy
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:At least Pratt is talking about the Lions. Geez, how many on here complain because of the hockey coverage, and Pratt tries to drum up a little interest in JANUARY for the Leos and you're all over him.
Not even the hockey coverage, how often do we see complaints here that the Lions don't even get a mention in the off-season?

Oh well, like I've often said, some people just need something - anything - to complain about. And they all hang out here.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have done a good job of drumming up coverage during the NHL all-star break, and they have timed it well to coincide with a season-ticket phone blitz and mailout. However, I don't ever want to hear Casey Printers and the B.C. Lions mentioned in the same sentence.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Wally was pretty vague in his P&T interview... he didn't rule out CP returning, but he made it pretty clear that any player he brings in will have to have the right attitude and put the team first. :beauty:
(\__/)
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Wally was pretty vague in his P&T interview... he didn't rule out CP returning, but he made it pretty clear that any player he brings in will have to have the right attitude and put the team first. :beauty:
What.....Wally.....vague?? The HELL you say! 8)
Real women wear orange!!
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Rammer wrote: Put it this way, Pratt bet Ball that he would be in a Lions uniform, to which Ball bet Pratt that he would eat Pratt's shorts if Printers was every in a Lions uniform again.
Pratt is full of himself. He thinks he knows it all.
Him, Casey and fd45 would make a lovely trio, don't you think?
ziggy
Legend

Good strategy, rule out nothing and you won't end up eating your words!
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Dan Russell wrote:The only possible teams that Printers could play for this year is

Winnipeg: Although they state they are not interested in Printers, I tend to believe they is some chance CP could be a Blue Bomber as Glenn is trade bait right now. Do you wanna roll the dice with Dinwiddie or Chang who never have played consistent? Then again Glenn didn't play consistent ever so why not?

Toronto: As they are not sold on Kerry Joseph to begin with and Andrus's entrance could mean something or nothing. I am leaning towards nothing as it seems they will ride with Joseph this year.

Montreal: Only if Calvillo retires, which with the Grey Cup loss last year and previous years their is some unfinished business for him. He'd love to go out with a Grey Cup win.

Finally BC: That would hinge on BP signing in the NFL which I doubt will happen. Then with JJ's inconsistent play and Wally not totally saying this is impossible states that he still feels their is talent there. With Geroy and Paris, Printers would already be a better player with less of his passes bouncing off their chests then in Hamilton. Besides his potental attitude question marks, other issues are financially he would have to agree to a pay cut which seems hard to believe but to get out of Hamilton it is possible. 1 thing that would put a wrench into this scenario is Chap's presence on the team as we all know him and CP didn't see eye to eye to say the least.

Ultimately Hamilton has to be rid of Printers this year. The question is how and where?
What about Edmonton? Ricky Ray won't live forever, Lefors is gone to the 'Peg, and Jason Mass isn't exactly the qb of the future.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:I don't ever want to hear Casey Printers and the B.C. Lions mentioned in the same sentence.
I wouldn't go that far. I'm happy if the sentence also includes words like "sacked by", "Aaron Hunt" and "Brent Johnson".
zark
Champion

Soundy wrote:
West Coast Blue Fan wrote:At least Pratt is talking about the Lions. Geez, how many on here complain because of the hockey coverage, and Pratt tries to drum up a little interest in JANUARY for the Leos and you're all over him.
Not even the hockey coverage, how often do we see complaints here that the Lions don't even get a mention in the off-season?

Oh well, like I've often said, some people just need something - anything - to complain about. And they all hang out here.

That sounds like complaining to me. Oh well. :beer:

Some of those Printers fans who bought his jersey would love to see him back.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
David
Team Captain

Little known fact (well, Solar Max knows this and a few others): Dave Pratt is a huge Lions fan. Diehard. Attends every home game. In fact, he is a bigger Lions fan than Canucks fan and has stated as much on the radio. The fact that he's even talking about our team in January in a hockey mad market is praiseworthy.

Unfortunately, it seems only controversy surrounding the Lions seems to stimulate phone board discussion, and the words "Casey Printers" and "quarterback controversy" are the bell to Pavlov's dog which an old pro like Pratt know all too well. Does he believe his own crap half the time? Probably not. But he knows what will draw in listerners.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Dan Russell
Legend

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
Dan Russell wrote:The only possible teams that Printers could play for this year is

Winnipeg: Although they state they are not interested in Printers, I tend to believe they is some chance CP could be a Blue Bomber as Glenn is trade bait right now. Do you wanna roll the dice with Dinwiddie or Chang who never have played consistent? Then again Glenn didn't play consistent ever so why not?

Toronto: As they are not sold on Kerry Joseph to begin with and Andrus's entrance could mean something or nothing. I am leaning towards nothing as it seems they will ride with Joseph this year.

Montreal: Only if Calvillo retires, which with the Grey Cup loss last year and previous years their is some unfinished business for him. He'd love to go out with a Grey Cup win.

Finally BC: That would hinge on BP signing in the NFL which I doubt will happen. Then with JJ's inconsistent play and Wally not totally saying this is impossible states that he still feels their is talent there. With Geroy and Paris, Printers would already be a better player with less of his passes bouncing off their chests then in Hamilton. Besides his potental attitude question marks, other issues are financially he would have to agree to a pay cut which seems hard to believe but to get out of Hamilton it is possible. 1 thing that would put a wrench into this scenario is Chap's presence on the team as we all know him and CP didn't see eye to eye to say the least.

Ultimately Hamilton has to be rid of Printers this year. The question is how and where?
What about Edmonton? Ricky Ray won't live forever, Lefors is gone to the 'Peg, and Jason Mass isn't exactly the qb of the future.

Ray isn't going anywhere soon so Printers won't be in Edmonton as their 2 salaries alone would be very high for your 1-2 QB combo.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

korey&dante4ever wrote: I listened to the Buck Pierce interview a couple of days ago and was absolutely appauled that Pratt would ask Buck if Printers would be back in B.C.... where the **** does he get the nerve to ask a question like that...

This is absolutely gross... I'm pretty sure Pratt could name the entire lineup of the Manitoba Moose but probably couldnt even name half of the starting players on the Lions.. It's disgusting.. He's disgusting.

I'm sorry, but when it comes Pratt talking about the CFL... it's awkward to listen to, and borderline laughable...it's too bad that us diehard lions fans have to listen to him.
1. Pratt is a big supporter of CFL football and the BC Lions. He's one of the few Vancouver media personalities who actually gets excited about the Lions and let's that come across on air.

2. If there is any chatter about Printers being traded to or signed by BC then how can he not ask someone who is inside the organization about this? He'd not be doing his job if he did ask the question. The only thing that would be appalling would be if Pratt invites Buck on his show and then uses the segment to lobby for Printers to be brought back.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

korey&dante4ever wrote:I listened to the Buck Pierce interview a couple of days ago and was absolutely appauled that Pratt would ask Buck if Printers would be back in B.C.... where the **** does he get the nerve to ask a question like that...
Probably right here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16613&p=233557&hili ... fl#p233557

Or any number of other threads speculating on Buck's future plans, since he is, after all, in the final year of his current contract.

It's a question all Lions fans are asking (well, except maybe fd45), so why wouldn't Pratt ask him given the change?
(\__/)
korey&dante4ever
Champion

Okay.. well clearly I'm getting a lot of heat on here for what I said about Pratt...

But if you read what i said, I never questioned whether or not Pratt was a fan of the Lions (I fully realize he and Donny Taylor are big fans)...but I still stand by the fact that if you asked him to recite the starting lineup, he'd only get 50-70% of the players. But besides that, I've never heard Pratt bring up any real constructive thoughts about the Lions. Only standard stuff like they're playing good, bad or of course Printers talk.. and it's annoying. I mean, is it really hard to talk about key matchups on gameday (i.e. "watch out for Paris Jackson on Jordan Younger.. those two hate eachother" to spike interest) or defense/offensive strategy?... And yes, maybe he is handcuffed on the topics he needs to talk about for ratings sake.. so MAYBE i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh and his line that he keeps bringing up.. "Buy a program, you're gonna need it" for next year is painful to listen to... Follow the team through training camp.. preseason.. and you're not going to need to buy a progam!!
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
Tighthead
Legend

korey&dante4ever wrote:Okay.. well clearly I'm getting a lot of heat on here for what I said about Pratt...

But if you read what i said, I never questioned whether or not Pratt was a fan of the Lions (I fully realize he and Donny Taylor are big fans)...but I still stand by the fact that if you asked him to recite the starting lineup, he'd only get 50-70% of the players. But besides that, I've never heard Pratt bring up any real constructive thoughts about the Lions. Only standard stuff like they're playing good, bad or of course Printers talk.. and it's annoying. I mean, is it really hard to talk about key matchups on gameday (i.e. "watch out for Paris Jackson on Jordan Younger.. those two hate eachother" to spike interest) or defense/offensive strategy?... And yes, maybe he is handcuffed on the topics he needs to talk about for ratings sake.. so MAYBE i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh and his line that he keeps bringing up.. "Buy a program, you're gonna need it" for next year is painful to listen to... Follow the team through training camp.. preseason.. and you're not going to need to buy a progam!!
I think that the talk can only get so technical before people tune out. Even the hockey talk is broad strokes - nothing more technical than line combinations gets discussed.

For every sport, there are more casual fans than hardcore fans, and they are the key for ratings.