how rare are signed CFL Footballs?

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Well seeing as how we are all talking about them ...

I have a 1985 Grey Cup game used ball signed by the entire BC Lions team. I KNOW it was one of the last balls Al Wilson touched!! ;)
Good collection. But regarding Al Wilson, don't forget he played in the 1986 season as well, which was his last.
sacker
Rookie

does anyone know where you can get CFL cards?
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I have a '68 and a '69 Ottawa Rough Rider Grey Cup team signed pair, and no idea what they're worth. Kind of cool that they're Spalding and not Wilson.
Half Canadian
prospect

Solar Max wrote:I have a '68 and a '69 Ottawa Rough Rider Grey Cup team signed pair, and no idea what they're worth. Kind of cool that they're Spalding and not Wilson.

I've got to think they're worth at least several hundred dollars a piece depending on condition of the signatures and the ball itself. Those are super rare. Maybe it's just me, but the size of the CFL ball prior to the mid-1970's seemed bigger in size than what they use today, at least it appears that way when looking at old film and pictures...

I have a signed 1993 Saskatchewan RR ball which I picked up several years ago. Dave Ridgeway and Ray Jauch signed side by side which is interesting since Jauch would cut the popular "Robokicker" loose just a couple years later...
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Half Canadian wrote:
Solar Max wrote:I have a '68 and a '69 Ottawa Rough Rider Grey Cup team signed pair, and no idea what they're worth. Kind of cool that they're Spalding and not Wilson.

I've got to think they're worth at least several hundred dollars a piece depending on condition of the signatures and the ball itself. Those are super rare. Maybe it's just me, but the size of the CFL ball prior to the mid-1970's seemed bigger in size than what they use today, at least it appears that way when looking at old film and pictures...

I have a signed 1993 Saskatchewan RR ball which I picked up several years ago. Dave Ridgeway and Ray Jauch signed side by side which is interesting since Jauch would cut the popular "Robokicker" loose just a couple years later...
I suspect it's not so much the ball that has gotten smaller as the players who have gotten bigger.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

You'd be suspecting wrong. The J5V balls were the same length but fatter than the ball currently used in the CFL. I have the one that lui kicked in the 94 grey cup at home. Its a J5V and is quite a bit thicker.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E