2008 SEASON OPENER: Lions/Stamps Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

LOL i was looking at an old post!
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

On no...Buck is getting iced. The shoulder.
.G.
All Star

Buck Pierce = Sami Salo of the BC Lions (as much as I hate to say it)

Great player when healthy, just can't seem to stay healthy...
Last edited by .G. on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MABEY!
lion24
Legend

Oh man, one injury away from starting a raw rookie :sigh: I was hoping Buck would last longer but tough luck again :bang:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Radio is saying JJ due to the long bomb. But he missed his guy on his first toss with guy open. It happens.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

JJ coming in cold makes little sense with BP just lighting it up. Jeezzzzzzzzzzz
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Ok this is better
2012 Season Ticket Holder
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Are you kidding me?! Buck out with an injury already? :sigh:
.G.
All Star

Much better end to the half. Hopefully they keep it up in the 2nd half.
MABEY!
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Are you kidding me?! Buck out with an injury already? :sigh:
Bill was icing his shoulder when JJ was in. :sigh:
lion24
Legend

Lucky to be in the game at all and now with injuries to Clermont and Pierce it makes it more tough. I don't understand the 59 yrd field goal attempt as that could have easily been brought out for a TD. Looks like missing camp has affected Murphy as you need to have some kind of contact before starting the season. He is obviously one of the best but to come in cold is pretty tough. The defence has really got to get together, this is a veteran group that should be playing much better.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Are you kidding me?! Buck out with an injury already? :sigh:
He didn't look to be injured standing there. The radio guys are saying JJ was in due to time left and the desire to fire a long bomb which JJ can do. But with JJ being cold and BP's last two passes long enough and on the money, I agree with radio guys - they didn't need to do it all at one time and JJ missed his open guy - likely due to being cold.

I am not sure you guys thinking Buck is injured are right. Yes, he got a big hit due to 56 letting the guy inside him but he sure looked good right after that getting the Lions back into the game.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I think now that Murph has some game action under his belt he'll be better in the 2nd half. I think part of the reason for playing him tonight is that if he didn't play and then has to leave to be with his wife, we could be looking at a Rob Murphy in mid-July who hasn't had any kind of action at all. I'll take a few missteps in Game 1, then having him come in completely cold in Game 4.
Leo_on_Rideau
Champion

Ineffective tackling, paper-thin offensive line... I remember these Lions! The 1954-2003 variety! :bang:

It was really just an inevitability that Buck would be injured with the way the Stamps were crossing scrimmage with impunity. Then Jarious looks cold as ice when he gets in.

Nice to get the late-half strike, but, man, was that a sorry display apart from that.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:Lucky to be in the game at all and now with injuries to Clermont and Pierce it makes it more tough. I don't understand the 59 yrd field goal attempt as that could have easily been brought out for a TD. Looks like missing camp has affected Murphy as you need to have some kind of contact before starting the season. He is obviously one of the best but to come in cold is pretty tough. The defence has really got to get together, this is a veteran group that should be playing much better.
That shot to Clermont's head by Browner was almost dirty. JC was having troubles walking to the sidelines. :wag: