Saying Hello!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DMARSH31
Rookie

I havn't really followed them as close since I left but I do keep tabs on who gets drafted and who is doing well in the professional ranks. And when we play big time games I do follow them then. I am Bulldog Born Bulldog Bred I am gonna be a Bulldog til' the day im dead! San Jose was our big rival but it seems with the success Boise State has had since joining our conference they are probably our biggest game! Also since The CFL season is in full swing when the college season is Im not able to catch the games as often as I like!
DMARSH31
Rookie

I don't really have a preference I guess I would want our front 4 to do what they do rush the passer and we hold it down on the back end. Zone or Man it doesn't really matter as long as we are able to create turnovers and give our offense a short field that would be my preference. I hope that answers your question.
lion24
Legend

DMARSH31 wrote:I havn't really followed them as close since I left but I do keep tabs on who gets drafted and who is doing well in the professional ranks. And when we play big time games I do follow them then. I am Bulldog Born Bulldog Bred I am gonna be a Bulldog til' the day im dead! San Jose was our big rival but it seems with the success Boise State has had since joining our conference they are probably our biggest game! Also since The CFL season is in full swing when the college season is Im not able to catch the games as often as I like!

It is nice to see some teams out of the WAC get some recognition for once, especially Boise State in the last few years rather than the traditional Notre Dame, Michigan, USC etc. which are always good programs but it is nice to see other schools as well :thup:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Rammer
Team Captain

Did you know of any CFL players prior to your move to it? If so, who and did you watch them play CFL ball?
Entertainment value = an all time low
Dan
Rookie

I checked out the Vertimax web site and it looks really cool. You said you use sled and parachute for speed trainning, Which do you prefer? I find that a parachute doesn't affect your bodys natural movements while sprinting, where as with a sled your mechanics change slightly. How do you find your recovery with trainning so much?
lucky leo
Rookie

Dante, who is your perfence Buck Peirce or Jarious Jackson as the starting QB? They are both good athletes but I beleive Buck should be the man...What is yout take? NFL sells their league on hype and paying big salaries to players...Money aside which league do you feel offers more excitement? The lions have a pretty good group of players on offence and defence but are you worried that on defence that some of your fellow players becoming complacement?
DMARSH31
Rookie

Yea I went college with A.J Gass at Fresno State, so I did know of at least one player personally that was playing in the CFL, also Steve Muhamad went to Fresno State and he played in B.C. My recovery time has been great I guess I could attribute that to my diet and supplements which allow me to train longer without fizzling out towards the end. I don't think any players on defense, offense or special teams are getting complacent. We want to win Championships so thats what everybody in the entire organization is fixated on. We have 1a and 1b as far as our quarterback situation goes. Both Jairious and Buck give us an excellent chance to win so who ever is in there we have all the confidence in the world that they can get the job done. Let me say that there is no QB controversy and there wont be, I would encourage the fans and media to focus on this "TEAM" MAKING A RUN AT THE Grey Cup instead of creating a story when there isn't one. My preference is winning! I think that both leagues are exciting and I love them both. I don't think that it's all hype with the NFL I actually think that they do one heck of a job marketing the players and the league which is why it's the "Big Dawg" when it comes to sports entertainment. The fans want to see the players and to feel more connected to them as well and the NFL understands this so thats why you see so many players on commercials, billboards, video games and things of that nature.
Rammer
Team Captain

Carl Kidd was the painted as the character guy on the 06 team, he was also at the ready for the TV cameraman. His fear of small rodents was captured as a prank for the fans by TV, was that the funniest prank that you have witnessed as a Lion? Is there another Carl Kidd in the wings that the fans aren't aware of yet? When you got your haircut, did you intentionally go into the locker room on the low key to have some players wonder who you were?
Entertainment value = an all time low
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

DMARSH31 wrote:Let me say that there is no QB controversy and there wont be, I would encourage the fans and media to focus on this "TEAM" MAKING A RUN AT THE Grey Cup instead of creating a story when there isn't one.
I notice the reference to the media and creating a story.

The topic of the Dave Dickenson/Casey Printers so called "QB controversy" has been, and continues to be, a topic of MUCH discussion on this board.

My question........was there an actual controversy inside the locker room? or was it totally media generated?
Lloyd
DMARSH31
Rookie

Carl Kidd is a unique individual so I don't think there will be another Carl, but there are some very funny guys on our team. Aarron Hunt has got to be one of the funniest guys I have been around along with Korey Banks who might the funniest guy I know. I have seen better pranks but the mouse thing was funny. I didn't put too much into cutting my hair, it wasn't like I had grown them 10 or more years I grew them for 4 1/2 years so it wasn't what everybody thought. I used to wear my hair low all the time until I started growing my hair so it wasn't a big deal. Im actually thinking about auctioning off the dreds to benefit cancer at some point. And no there wasn't a divide in the locker room and a rift among the players we just want to win baby in the great words of Al Davis. There was no QB controversy, that was the media trying to manufacture a story. When you have two good athletes who play professional sports and also happen to play the same position they want to play and start, unfortunately only one can do that so thats all it was. Friendly competition. Every fan has their favorite player and that is understandable but as long as we are winning with everybody contributing to the success of the B.C. LIONS then that is all you can ask for.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Hey Dante, do you ever get tired of answering the same n00b questions over and over?? :D

Just kidding, guys... but seriously, are there any media/fan/interview questions that just drive you nuts and that you get really sick of hearing? Like the whole "QB controversy" thing has to be wearing pretty thin by now, between Dave/Casey, then Dave/Buck, and now Buck/Jarious, probably eliciting a rolling of the eyes when it's brought up. Do you ever feel compelled to follow in the footsteps of other great athletes who've come back with, "What kind of stupid question is that?"

We've seen a lot of players stop in here now and then, converse a little, answer a couple questions... gotta say, it's great to having you coming in chatting with us regularly for past several days! I imagine you'll have less time for it once camp starts, but we sure do appreciate you taking the time. :beauty:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Oh and BTW, no offence intended to the other fans with their questions here... :) :) :)

But on that tack: Dante, last year some of us met Joe, Buck and Paris at an autograph session out at Sports'n'Stuff, and Ric had a TV going in the background with some college ball coverage going on... after a little of the usual fan-type questions for the boys, we just kind of all ended up watching the TV and just talking football like any other group of fans. Musta been a nice switch for them to BE the fans again for a little while. Do you get to do that much during the season, just kick back and WATCH the game like normal folk? :)
(\__/)
DMARSH31
Rookie

Thank you for allowing me to chat with you guys it's really good to get/hear your opinions and perspectives. It does get old answering the same old questions when they have already been addressed. Sometimes I just can't believe that they actually keep asking. Well hopefully my website will be up soon and I should be able to get back to you guys promptly.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

You'll need a big ol' FAQ section on it :)

But I guess the same questions have been asked of athletes since the inception of sports broadcasting, and they will be again. Goes with the territory :)
(\__/)
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Oh and BTW, no offence intended to the other fans with their questions here... :) :) :)
Well, I do take offence.

We have NEVER had a player come on this board and answer the question definitively.......all we've had is conjecture, speculation and the swallowing of media crap.

This is a breath of fresh air that I hope, once and for all, puts an end to to the issue.......and CLEARLY indicates how little some of the media can be trusted to report the TRUTH.

(Disclaimer: Obviously this doesn't apply to ALL media......and especially not Jim Mullin :wink: )
Lloyd