So.. who ya cheerin' fer?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Lion_Pride_26 wrote:I'll be cheering for the Bombers today. I'd like to see Milt Stegall hoist the Grey Cup to finish his football career!
Alass it was not meant to be. :sigh:
This one really had to hurt. He waved off the sideline cam in the dying moments and was not too friendly. can't blame him, getting this close and losing must hurt. He gave off a 'life is more than football' attitude and he probably does mean it, its just hard to believe just after losing a Grey Cup game.
LFITQ
Team Captain

True story:

Walking to the Lions Den here in TO last night from my hotel, there were some Rider fans (there have been lots here) walking the street. As is the case they meet some more Rider fans and start screaming at the top of their lungs "Go Riders" all pumped and everything.

Two homeless guys yell back at them: "Go back to Saskatchewan!" Then look at me and one of them says "Go BC!".

I thought it was pretty funny that even the homeless here in TO don't like the Rider fans. :lol: 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

thats funny thanks for sharing! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
prairiedog
Rookie

Does anyone find it ironic that more people hate the Riders since Tillman stuck his foot down his trachea (and boy did he ever) over the Rasouli-Murphy thing, than had hated them when the obnoxious Roy Shivers ran the team?

This is just an observation.
bbgirl
Legend

Awwwww. I only just read this thread. Thank you LH. :bawl: You're so sweet.
I should really come check out this site more often.

:sigh:

Cheers to you Rob! :beer:
funkymonkster
prospect

i would like to also thank Lionheart for his comments regarding bbgirl. You are right she has been through a lot (physically and emotional stuff, and we all know is responsible for that, and that person got off way too lightly, but as long as those who matter know the truth thats all that really matters!) but seriously dude those comments touched us both. And for that alone you are formally invited to our wedding (penciled in for april 25th 2009, so plenty of time to find a tux!) cheers mate
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

That is awesome, thank you both! :rockin:

I did try my hardest on that GC thing... I really did... my mojo was workin' overtime.

If only...
bbgirl
Legend

Next year we'll have to represent in Montreal. :wink:
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:One thing is for sure, we finally got our "all west" final. How often over the years have we heard that especially those many lean years in the east.

Amazing, it's finally happened.
You need only to remember the year 2001 Robert, Bombers losing to the Stampeders in an upset.
Entertainment value = an all time low
bbgirl
Legend

No, we don't really need to remember 2001, Rammer. :sigh: :lol:
LFITQ
Team Captain

bbgirl wrote:No, we don't really need to remember 2001, Rammer. :sigh: :lol:
Yeah there was certainly some unfinished business going on around there somewhere, wasn't there?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??