Congrats to the Riders...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

Yes, the parade in Regina starts at noon today and goes from Mosaic Stadium to the Legislature.

I hope to see the Lions drawing as many for their Grey Cup victory celebrations next year as well!!!!! :lol:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall will be at the parade too. Where was Gordon Campbell last year? :?
prairiedog
Rookie

Thank you all for the very kind words. It's been 3 days and it still hasn't really hit me.

I think the best part was seeing Kerry Joseph get emotional at the end. Not that I ever doubted his character, but it really proved where his heart is. Much like Dickenson, Clermont, Glatt, Brent Johnson, Ty Williams and many others last year, it's good to see players who work hard, play to win and respect the game get rewarded. That's all I ever ask of a player. Watching Gene Makowsky and Jeremy O'Day lift the mug was great, I mean all they did was bust their asses for like 12 years.
bbgirl
Legend

Congrats Riders and Riders fans. :beer:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

The Riders were full value for the price of admission Sunday evening...

To the entire Saskatchewan organization, and especially their long suffering fans, congratulations and well done!

We look forward to renewing our great rivalry next season. :rockin:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
wildthing
All Star

thanks guys and gals we appreciate the kind wods and definitely look forward to next year and those hard fought Lions games
Robbie
Hall of Famer

On Jan 24, 2006, on this thread:
http://www.lionbackers.com/cheer/viewtopic.php?t=8660
Canuck_4_Life wrote:The one thing I like about the Vince Lombardi trophy is that it may be the only North American based trophy you can pick up with one hand.
Look how easily Eric Tillman can pick up the Grey Cup with one hand.

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Look how easily Eric Tillman can pick up the Grey Cup with one hand.
Pretty good for a guy who was in hospital with heart trouble, not even allowed to get on a plane, just ten days before. But holding it by the top cup portion, after last year's episode, that's frowned upon! For shame! :tease:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

wildthing wrote:thanks guys and gals we appreciate the kind wods and definitely look forward to next year and those hard fought Lions games
Happy for you guys and gals, wildthing.

Saskatchewan is the heartland and the bread basket of our little, old country.

Good on ya. :thup:

You get bragging rights for one year, and the clock is running. Don't be too overbearing towards the rest of us.

To all of you in Rider country. :rockin:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote: ...
You get bragging rights for one year, and the clock is running. Don't be too overbearing towards the rest of us.

To all of you in Rider country. :rockin:
:thup: Exactly, the Riders are the Champs until a CFL :wink: team wins the Grey Cup Game next November.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

bbgirl wrote:Congrats Riders and Riders fans. :beer:
That must've been very difficult for you... :bawl:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A picture of the Saskatchewan Roughriders 2007 Grey Cup ring.

祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Gee.....thanks Robbie! :sigh:
Real women wear orange!!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:A picture of the Saskatchewan Roughriders 2007 Grey Cup ring.

why?
:x
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Vern Halen
Champion

For Schultz, growing up being a Rider fan and being able to play for your favorite team - that would be dream come true - especially when you can show the Grey Cup ring.

That smile is not faked or forced, folks - it's the real deal. You have to appreciate, at least the emotion that Scott was/is feeling.

That being said - that was then - this is now - the Riders have HUGE targets on their back as the defending champions - SO looking forward to Friday!!!

BC scares me - I don't know what team is going to show up - the team we saw in week one or the team we saw last year...