Dickenson Media Conference Tomorrow per News 1130

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

According to the sports guy at News 1130 at the 9:45 segment, DD will hold a final press conference tomorrow to discuss his future.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Yes.. 2 p.m. tomorrow at the Lions practice facility which at least suggests he is leaving on good terms and understand's the team's situation.

DD is also very candid so it should be interesting what he has to say. But he did make an awful amount of money playing very little football this past season and it's a familiar script the Lions can't afford to see again.

I wonder if there is some sense of relief, however. It did seem like he sensed the Lions were getting frustrated with his inactive status and he returned to the practice field even though was still dealing with symptoms.
Blitz
Team Captain

I actually wondered about DD showing up to nthe practice field while still dealing with serious symptoms. He also attended a game when he wasn't supposed to. It could have been a number of reasons from the one you mention Sammy to perhaps he just wanted to not be forgotten about and wanted his presence still felt.

It will be an interesting press conference tomorrow!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I wish there was a way for fans to thank Dave one last time for his contributions to the team.
David
Team Captain

No Ordinary Joe wrote:I wish there was a way for fans to thank Dave one last time for his contributions to the team.
Should Dave retire, I'm sure there will be a event planned where fans can send him off with a big ovation. Even if he signs with another team, I'm sure he will receive a warm reception at BC Place.

I only wish the Lions had delayed this presser until after Bertuzzi's return to Vancouver. :sigh: What was one more day? This is a big story and frankly, Dave deserves a well-attended press conference.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
mightybuck
Legend

Is this conference going to be aired on team 1040 or another station or not at all? Anyone know?
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
Rammer
Team Captain

mightybuck wrote:Is this conference going to be aired on team 1040 or another station or not at all? Anyone know?
I would guess that if anyone is going to play it live 1040 will.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Spud387
Champion

Doesn't sound like Team 1040 will be airing it. This sucks
mightybuck
Legend

neither did news 1130
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
120dB
Legend

so what did he say?
Spud387
Champion

right now i am hoping Pratt and Taylor will mention some stuff
Rammer
Team Captain

Sounds as if DD was aware and that he knows that there will be interest in his services in any of three areas (not sure what he meant by three, but obviously QB or coaching capacities are two). That is just a clip I heard on the Pratt and Taylor show.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

no Dickenson chatter yet on "The Todd 1040", but I like what The Province did on their back cover.

I agree that the Lions might have been better served waiting until Wednesday or Thursday to make the announcement, but I guess they've been sitting on this over a week and I think it was only fair to DD to get make the announcement as soon as they were allowed to.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:so what did he say?
He wanted to play in a place where there is a full house every night. :lol:
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Sounds as if DD was aware and that he knows that there will be interest in his services in any of three areas (not sure what he meant by three, but obviously QB or coaching capacities are two). That is just a clip I heard on the Pratt and Taylor show.
guess I tuned in too late... hopefully they replay some clips before the hockey pregame starts