Got an extra Grand lying around?

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Just found this item on ebay.

I'm not sure of its authenticity, but I do have to wonder at the price tag.

And some people think the prices at the locker room sale for game used jerseys is high!! LOL :lol:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Seeing as how they're claiming there's 2 COA's that come with it, would lead me to believe it is the real deal. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra thousand lying around.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

One of the great centers the Lions have had over the years, along with Jamie Taras and Angus Reid.
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

Canuck_4_Life wrote:Seeing as how they're claiming there's 2 COA's that come with it, would lead me to believe it is the real deal. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra thousand lying around.

ANYONE CAN MAKE A CERTIFICATE. BECAREFULL WHEN BUYING STUFF LIKE THAT.
YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE PURCHASING FROM.

I AM no way saying this is not real, but they are a few people in jail who sold millions of dollers of fake sports items over the last few years.
lion24
Legend

Is that a true authentic jersey? It looks kind of cheap or is it just the quality of the era??
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:Is that a true authentic jersey? It looks kind of cheap or is it just the quality of the era??
Its the era, but what makes me question it is the Alpha sizing and not the Numerical sizing. When i was in sporting goods with a company in Seattle there was a bunch of old un used Washingotn Husky bowl jerseys in the warehouse, fro as far back as the early 80's Rose Bowls and those all were sized numerically. The company I worked for did all the UW stuff until Nike took over and it was all Russell for football so I cant imagine a colege team using numerical sizing and a pro team not.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
David
Team Captain

I own a Lions away jersey from '74 (Don Moorhead) and the sizing is correct. Everything about it looks authentic, with the possible exception of the nameplate on the back.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

David wrote:I own a Lions away jersey from '74 (Don Moorhead) and the sizing is correct. Everything about it looks authentic, with the possible exception of the nameplate on the back.

DH 8)
I was wondering about that — did the CFL actually have players' names on their jerseys by 1974?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
David
Team Captain

Yes, but it looks a slightly different font and size than the one I have (which I obtain directly from the player's family).

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar