ATTENDANCE THREAD FOR WESTERN FINAL

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Live and in person, from a pulpit near you....it's 120db!

120db wrote:Mabey (spelled properly this time as this is a serious topic)
Are you sure about that??

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Woah, where did that come from!? :?
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

I'm not worried about attendance;
C'mon now, of all things no one has ever accused you of being a liar and now you say this?
I have my head up my butt - 120db
raspybrat

Why's Gordo gonna have anything to do with selling off the Dome...he might not be premier in 2011...if all goes well! :cr: :lol: :lol:
David
Team Captain

UPDATE - 11/5/07 12:25

Bobby Ackles was just on the noon hour 'NW sports with Jim Mullin. Ticket sales at just over 33,000. Goal is a full house. He's pleased with this number as it's ahead of last year's pace. "Sales have been good," he adds.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
120dB
Legend

we had 33,000 a week ago
QB#9
Starter

We should be above 33,000. Ticket sales have slowed down a bit, but that is because there is little left in the current sections. According to ticketmaster, only single seats remaining in the lower bowl. Best pair of tickets you can find right now are high up in silver level 4. Most people will be waiting untill they open up more sections which should be soon.
chimpy

We should be above 33,000. Ticket sales have slowed down a bit, but that is because there is little left in the current sections. According to ticketmaster, only single seats remaining in the lower bowl. Best pair of tickets you can find right now are high up in silver level 4. Most people will be waiting untill they open up more sections which should be soon.

I agree but i think there must not be many sold on the visitors side upper deck then to be only 33,000 +, and if there is a lot sold on visitors i would think we should be closer to 35,000 i woulden't belive what Bob Ackles say's anywase because i remember the 2005 WF were he said that he had 25,000 tickets sold in 3 days , in which they did not, they only had 10,000.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

David wrote:UPDATE - 11/5/07 12:25

Bobby Ackles was just on the noon hour 'NW sports with Jim Mullin. Ticket sales at just over 33,000. Goal is a full house. He's pleased with this number as it's ahead of last year's pace. "Sales have been good," he adds.

DH 8)
I'm surprised the Lions have yet to put out a press release to state where ticket sales are and how they are well above last year's pace. Maybe it's coming in the next couple of days or they are just banking on a huge push next week, especially if the Riders win on Sunday.

It's a quiet week for them with the team not returning to the practice field until Saturday so don't expect to see much Lions news on TV or in the papers until then.
chimpy

I'm surprised the Lions have yet to put out a press release to state where ticket sales are and how they are well above last year's pace. Maybe it's coming in the next couple of days or they are just banking on a huge push next week, especially if the Riders win on Sunday.

It's a quiet week for them with the team not returning to the practice field until Saturday so don't expect to see much Lions news on TV or in the papers until then.

I agree with this statment sammygreen, if the lions do push these ticket sales at least to 40,000 by sat they will not even com close to sell it out.

I say 50,000 again which is not bad either. by why not go the extra mile this year and sell it out can you imagine what that would do for season ticket sales next year, if they win the grey cup and sell out bc place?
DerekDD
Starter

33,000 sold at this stage of the game for that area? Come on. That sucks.
chimpy

DerekDD it is a lot beter than last year which at this time we have not even hit 30,000 yet. and 40,000 by the end of the week is very reachable.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

DerekDD wrote:33,000 sold at this stage of the game for that area? Come on. That sucks.
The Stamps are fine with it. We'll sell more when it is official that Hank and the boys will be coming to town.

Riders are goin' down.
120dB
Legend

last year the West End Zone was opened around Nov 6
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

chimpy wrote:DerekDD it is a lot beter than last year which at this time we have not even hit 30,000 yet. and 40,000 by the end of the week is very reachable.