ATTENDANCE THREAD FOR WESTERN FINAL

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

joesports
All Star

ship wrote:So much artificial "canned" fan noise will you guys be using this year? I wish the Riders would do the same...such an advantage. Last year Joseph and O'Day couldn't hear themselves think. If it's Calgary this year, I am sure it will have the same affect on Burris & co....
Myth perpetuated. Anyone that has ever been in the "DOME" knows you don't need to pump in extra noise!

Let it GO!
footy
All Star

:lol: lets see how many different excuses Rider trolls will use this Western Final !
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

footy wrote::lol: lets see how many different excuses Rider trolls will use this Western Final !
They need to make it there first. Something tells me we will see the Stamps on the 18th.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Maybe stagnant wind will be among the laundry list of reasons.
lucky leo
Rookie

lions will get 50,000 tops...for the big game. There a lots of fans from the interior going ,myself for example....The canucks are not that hot of a ticket with how they are playing give the fans in the lower mainland a chace...you will see....The lions just need to advertise hard...
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Stagnant wind.

Frozen turf.

Sun in the eyes.

Too much green in the dressing rooms (clashes with red, you know).
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
ship

Not trolling...sorry dude.

It could very well be Calgary in the Finals. They are a scary team when Hank gets his stuff together.

And yes, the noise completely affected the Rider offense last year...absolutley no doubt.

As far as the crowd noise through the speakers...please do not deny it. I have been to your stadium several times...there was many occasions when the fake noise started too soon/ended to late in accordance with the "real" noise. It can be debated all you want...but it's a fact.
120dB
Legend

If you wanna shake your head, fine with me. There's a cool crispness in the air, the leaves have changed colour, a little snow on the mountains...

are you ready for some playoff football?
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

ship wrote:Not trolling...sorry dude.

It could very well be Calgary in the Finals. They are a scary team when Hank gets his stuff together.

And yes, the noise completely affected the Rider offense last year...absolutley no doubt.

As far as the crowd noise through the speakers...please do not deny it. I have been to your stadium several times...there was many occasions when the fake noise started too soon/ended to late in accordance with the "real" noise. It can be debated all you want...but it's a fact.
Ok then..that settles it. You must be right......
ship

120dB wrote:If you wanna shake your head, fine with me. There's a cool crispness in the air, the leaves have changed colour, a little snow on the mountains...

are you ready for some playoff football?

Sure am! And so are the boys in Green!!!
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

ship wrote:Not trolling...sorry dude.

Yeah. Not trolling at all. :roll:
BEEECEEE
All Star

Never seen this pic of BC Place
Formely sfu_guy
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Look at all that fake noise!!!
joesports
All Star

ship wrote: As far as the crowd noise through the speakers...please do not deny it. I have been to your stadium several times...there was many occasions when the fake noise started too soon/ended to late in accordance with the "real" noise. It can be debated all you want...but it's a fact.
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Migs
Starter

SammyGreene wrote:
BEEECEEE wrote:A close source to me that work inside the lions marketing/sales office has told me that they have sold over 30,000 tickets for the WF so far.

Take it for what its worth.
That wouldn't surprise me as this game has become almost an annual event for sports fans in this province thanks to the Lions dominance. They're guaranteed to be part of a great atmosphere in a do-or-die playoff game. Almost a can't miss sporting event.
Hell... it might now be the one game the very casual fan plans to take in each season because they know the Lions are a very good bet to host it.

It has to be part of the reason we're very likely to see are third 50,000 plus Western Final crowd in four years yet the Lions have yet to break 40,000 for a regular season game during this great run.

It must leave Ackles scratching his head somewhat.
I could tell you why you could likely have 50K plus for the 3rd WF in 4 years. Its pretty easy to figure out.......
Stampeder horse walks into a bar and the bartender says..."Why the Long face?"