Sports Team Apparel - Fan or Fashion Statement?

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Soundy
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:Surprisingly, he actually KNEW he was wearing a Stamps hat...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

NOJ, Catseyes, and David provided some good examples of those who wear sports apparel as a fashion statement while they may know nothing about the team itself. But let me ask all of you the question that I asked CartWheelFan.

Do you think it is hypocritical if someone supports the home team but at the same time wears apparel not of the opponent's TEAM but rather, their CITY?

For example:

In a football game BC Place, someone wearing a Lions jersey but wearing a baseball cap of the Flames, Oilers, Canadiens, or Maple Leafs when BC is taking on the Stampeders, Eskimos, Alouettes, or Argos respectively.

In a hockey game GM Place, someone wearing a Canucks jersey but wearing the baseball cap or jacket of the Yankees, Bulls, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Angels, Rockies, or Marlins on game day when Vancouver is taking on the Rangers, Blackhawks, Kings, Coyotes, Ducks, Avalanche, or Panthers respectively.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Robbie wrote:NOJ, Catseyes, and David provided some good examples of those who wear sports apparel as a fashion statement while they may know nothing about the team itself. But let me ask all of you the question that I asked CartWheelFan.

Do you think it is hypocritical if someone supports the home team but at the same time wears apparel not of the opponent's TEAM but rather, their CITY?

For example:

In a football game BC Place, someone wearing a Lions jersey but wearing a baseball cap of the Flames, Oilers, Canadiens, or Maple Leafs when BC is taking on the Stampeders, Eskimos, Alouettes, or Argos respectively.

In a hockey game GM Place, someone wearing a Canucks jersey but wearing the baseball cap or jacket of the Yankees, Bulls, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Angels, Rockies, or Marlins on game day when Vancouver is taking on the Rangers, Blackhawks, Kings, Coyotes, Ducks, Avalanche, or Panthers respectively.
No. I know lots of people who have always lived in Vancouver and hate the Canucks for obvious reasons. It's the team, and only the team.

I don't think the theory on the hat/Jersey thingy is right either, unless you're in rural Saskatchewan, you have a choice on what team to cheer for.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion