Argos owners interested in NFL team

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

GeroySimonFAN
All Star

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... wners_nfl/

here is another article i found on TSN - it says that its not only the Argos owners but also the CFL that is involved in trying to bring an NFL Franchise to Toronto

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=220366&hubname=
chimpy

i can't belive that the new cfl commish wants to bring nfl to TO

That is crazy

I can't see this happening, woulden't the NFL want to keep the Francize in the States?

I mean what player in the NFL is going to want to play in canada.

They did not want to play in vancouver in the NBA
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

for some reason players don't mind Toronto - many of them like it because its like New York they say... :roll:
Tighthead
Legend

NFL players are less fussy -no guaranteed contracts tends to keep the rank and file in line. Toronto is a fine place to live, if you make at least $300k a year.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I just hope this doesn't kill the CFL. I don't want to sacrifice 8 teams and a great league just so that Toronto can have another team the rest of the country hates.
120dB
Legend

backtracking now...

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=220366&hubname=cfl

by Ackles shooting his mouth off about the NFL killing the CFL, that should finish off any chance Vancouver will win that 4 city bid to get that NFL regular season game here next year.

All Ackles had to do was not say anything until after the NFL made its final decision. But no he just couldn't resist telling the world.

well mabey they should give the game to Edmonton after all. They're the only city that can draw 51,000 for a regular season game.

You'd never hear any official from Edmonton making the comments Ackles did. In Edmonton you just don't talk like that
prairielion
Starter

Thank you Mr. Ackles for speaking the truth. Canada doesn't need the NFL. We have a far superior game here and the league is finally doing well so leave the NFL and it's boring game to south of the border. We don't want it here!!! :x
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

prairielion wrote:Thank you Mr. Ackles for speaking the truth. Canada doesn't need the NFL. We have a far superior game here and the league is finally doing well so leave the NFL and it's boring game to south of the border. We don't want it here!!! :x
Aside from that one comment I agree completely.
chimpy

How mad would the rest of the NFL Fan's be(in the states) if Toronto would get a NFL Francize, they are going to do what is right for the NFL not what is right for Toronto, and 120db gooooooooooooooooooooooooawayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.