what will you be watching, lions or Canucks this friday

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

FirstDownLions
Rookie

Lions
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Barry MacDonald who I wouldn't describe as a huge Lions/CFL follower.... did bring up a very good point this morning in we are witnessing the greatest era in Lions history with a fourth straight 1st place finish in the West in reach. And this is with the team's 3rd string QB leading the latest charge.
probably a topic for a new thread... but BMac is right. This is the greatest era in Lions history. The closest we have seen to anything like the WB years is the 1983-85 Don Matthews years. But you knew that with "The Don" that we were only going to stand him as long as he was winning. Wally would have to put together more than a few lousy years before he'll get run out of town. And with the type of foundation that Wally has built it could be a long time until we have to suffer through a lousy year. Chance are pretty good we will not win five in a row, but I expect we will have a great chance of at least being in the Grey Cup every year for quite a while to come.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I'll be at the Canucks game, watching the Lions on TV.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

errp
Last edited by Canuck_4_Life on Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Ill be watching the Lions at the Soho. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

I won't get to see any of the Lions game until 6 (bring my radio to listen to on the way home), the Canucks game isn't part of my half-season pack, so I can just flip back and forth if the Lions are still playing at 7. Oh well, that's the way it is. Giants play Chilliwack at 7:30, too. None of the three teams play from October 1st to 4th, and then bam.

October 26th will be even more conflicted. What I hate about these is that I always like to tape the highlights from Lions road games, as they're playing, and then I get a nice 20 minute package of each one. I have hours of footage on tapes from the last few years (Also home game highlights from Sportsnet or the Score, and Canuck highlights. The odd Giants highlights, too.). Can't do that when the Canucks are also on, or when you miss half the game.

I can't afford to have a home Western Final game start any later than 1:00 or 2:00, I have tickets to both that (well, I will for sure) and the Canucks game on Nov 18th.
Rick James
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:Ill be watching the Lions at the Soho. BB
Great Bear. Hockey pool draft and double header
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Lions till the final second is run off, then the rest of the Utah/Louisville game on ESPN, then Bill Maher's Real Time on HBO. After that, probably a movie.

If there's anything worse than regular season hockey it's.....wait, there is nothing worse than regular season hockey!
Jess19

Definately the lions!
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I'm going to be working on Friday night so I won't be able to see either game. But, my VCR will be taping the Lions game. With only 5 games to go in the season for the Leos vs. the 1st game of 82 for the Canucks it's an easy decision on my part.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It's football season. I didn't know the Canucks were playing and I don't care. In the past I've turned down box seats to the Canucks because the Lions were playing at the same time. On an off night, preferably after November, I would go to the Canucks game.
CartWheelFan
All Star

That's an easy one for me; Lions. :rockin: I am not a Canucks fan haha

GO FLAMES GO!! :beer:
LFITQ
Team Captain

I'll watch an occassional Canucks game during the season, but not when there is a football game on to be watched instead. And yes I'm talking CFL or NFL. If there is a Lions game - hell I plan entire weekends around watching a single Lions game - 'nuff said. Let's see this past weekend it was guys get to my place at 6:30pm Friday night to watch Friday night football. Alarm goes off at 6:30am Saturday morning - on the road by 7:45am (snooze button delay I call it). Hit Vancouver at 4:40pm. Into the stadium at 4:50pm. Watch the game. Hit Dix after the game. Leave Dix around midnight. Drive to Richmond. Get up at 9am. Head home. Finally get my welcome home hug from the wife and kids at 7:30pm Sunday night.

That's what going to a Lions game takes for me. So if I take that much effort to watch a 3 hour game live - you can figure out what I'll be watching on Friday night.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??