Another Lion82 thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

maddeep73
Champion

The way I see it, Clermont is a Rider in 2007 or 2008 and that depends on whether or not Wally wants to get a player of value (someone they can use for more than one year) or keep Clermont for 2007, then lose him completely.
Care to take this back?? Riders fans and delusional go hand in hand.
Keepin' it real
Rammer
Team Captain

Joshua wrote:he holds no cards here Brian....JC wants out, has stated that he wants to play at home and is a free agent at years end. Also, if Murphy returms he'll demand a large salary (which he stated through the media this week) so the cap may (probably not because you don't have to open the books right Braley?) come into play here.

If Roy was in Regina the media heat would be on but with the love fest over ET and Austin they can spin it any direction they want and the media will take it. If Eric says 'wait till next year' the media will call him a saint for not giving up something for a guy will get next year - if the trade happens it's because Eric is the man.

Wally has no upper hand - not saying Eric will 'Hamilton' you in this deal because Wally isn't an idiot...but the trades and cuts made by Eric last week may have something to do with this deal.
Whoops.
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... b8&k=56018

I guess that makes it more or less official, huh?

Many broken hearts in Regina.

We will see if they turn their love of Clermont into hate.

Fans can be crazy. I would venture to say Riders fans might be the craziest in the CFL. Can I say that? Sure. :wink:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I love highlight shows.

This thread has provided oh so much for all of us to ponder, especially those that do not wear Orange. So without further ado, the 'Rider fan follies.

Enjoy.
Joshua wrote:Wally has no upper hand - not saying Eric will 'Hamilton' you in this deal because Wally isn't an idiot...but the trades and cuts made by Eric last week may have something to do with this deal.
Lionut wrote: Any Rider fan who has convinced themselves that Buono is going to be stampeded into making a deal here obviously hasn't watched Wally's career all that closely.
David wrote: I hate to unhitch your Jason Clermont welcome wagon, but there is something that you should all be mindful of. Despite his preference to play in home province, he's not going to be insulted by a low-ball contract offer next year, and many other teams will be competing for his services.

Regardless of whether Wally decides to deal him or not, let's not annoint him the next Rider hero just yet.

DH 8)
Reider wrote:The way I see it, Clermont is a Rider in 2007 or 2008 and that depends on whether or not Wally wants to get a player of value (someone they can use for more than one year) or keep Clermont for 2007, then lose him completely.
LFITQ wrote: Oh sure you get another year older and BLAM ... you come right out and destroy any Rider arguments by using that old failsafe ... LOGIC.
Joshua wrote: This has nothing to do with your success in the past three years and has everything to do with a home town boy wanting to play at home.

The Lions success does not have me jealous one-bit.
Rammer wrote:Whoops.
8)
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I think this is what the kids are talking about when they use the phrase "pwned." :wink:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Perhaps the lesson could be not to count anything before well...you know.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Well Joshua your comments about Jason stating he wants out are and were a lie. I'm sure I'm not the first person to point that out.

Damn rider fans; and their fantasy world.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Actually, you can blame the media in Sask......they were the ones reporting about LION82's comments at a dinner and things his wife were saying (that's the one that convinced me that he was gone)........their less than factual accounts convinced Rider fans that it was a done deal.........lying bastards !!
Lloyd
Grandmaster C
Starter

Joshua wrote:he holds no cards here Brian....JC wants out, has stated that he wants to play at home and is a free agent at years end. Also, if Murphy returms he'll demand a large salary (which he stated through the media this week) so the cap may (probably not because you don't have to open the books right Braley?) come into play here.

If Roy was in Regina the media heat would be on but with the love fest over ET and Austin they can spin it any direction they want and the media will take it. If Eric says 'wait till next year' the media will call him a saint for not giving up something for a guy will get next year - if the trade happens it's because Eric is the man.

Wally has no upper hand - not saying Eric will 'Hamilton' you in this deal because Wally isn't an idiot...but the trades and cuts made by Eric last week may have something to do with this deal.
8)
R.I.P. Bob