Canucks are Unveiling(sp) their New Uniforms on August 29th.

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Soundy
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:If I were a Canucks fan from outside the lower mainland I'd be a bit angry that they put "VANCOUVER" on the front of the jersey almost telling those who are not in the city or the local environs that this is not British Columbia's team.
:whs: I think it might give Canucks fans who are not Vancouverites (or not residents of BC or not even in Canada) pause also before they would don a jersey saying VANCOUVER when they live thousands of miles away.
...except that it is, OFFICIALLY, the "Vancouver hockey club" to the NHL... not the "British Columbia hockey club".

People must be really bored waiting for the season to start... they're grasping at straws for things to whine about.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
GeroySimonFAN wrote:IMO...I think that the VANCOUVER should only be on the AWAY(White) Sweater...why do they have to put it on both? Some NBA Teams have Jerseys with their city name on them but usually only on their AWAY Jersey(or 3rd jersey)..
That is very common in MLB. The majority of teams will have either their nickname or logo on the home threads and the city name on the road uniforms.
The five MLB teams whose road uniforms do not show the city name and instead, show the team nickname like the home uniform are the St. Louis Cardinals, the Baltimore Orioles, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, the Milwaukee Brewers and the Philadelphia Phillies.
smphantom
Legend

Stay thirsty my friends.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I like the Habs and the Flames new jersey. :thup: :thup: Simple is good.