Peter Ufford (Save The Grizzlies) where are you???????????

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

Where's Peter Ufford when we need him? It's now public that the Memphis Grizzlies only have about 1000 season ticket holders and are selling some tickets for a measley $ 5 and still can't get fans to spend $ 5 to go to a game there.

So Peter Ufford where are you? You were the force behind the Save The Grizzlies campaign (read below). Let's see a proposal to bring the Grizzlies back here.

No one tell me that the Grizzlies would do worse in Vancouver than currently in Memphis. As bad as Portland's situation was or is, Memphis is not only bleeding to death, it's a full blown hemmorage!

So Peter, where are you?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2001/03/ ... 10313.html
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

nothing to do with Ufford really but why doesn't Clay Bennett move the Sonics to Vancouver?...well he would never do that because he only wants the team in OKC. Perhaps there is a Vancouver group approaching him. If he can't get the team moved to OKC maybe he will sell the team to the Aquilini's and the Sonics new home will be just a bit up north here in Vancouver.
hexx

120dB wrote:Where's Peter Ufford when we need him? It's now public that the Memphis Grizzlies only have about 1000 season ticket holders and are selling some tickets for a measley $ 5 and still can't get fans to spend $ 5 to go to a game there.

So Peter Ufford where are you? You were the force behind the Save The Grizzlies campaign (read below). Let's see a proposal to bring the Grizzlies back here.

No one tell me that the Grizzlies would do worse in Vancouver than currently in Memphis. As bad as Portland's situation was or is, Memphis is not only bleeding to death, it's a full blown hemmorage!

So Peter, where are you?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2001/03/ ... 10313.html
So what happened to your "very reliable source" about the "sudden BOOM!"? You're starting to sound like Marty York...

He has "very good sources" that the Toronto Argonauts are up for sale... fascinating...
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

2010 will show the world! NBA will be back for 2011/2012
120dB
Legend

Marty York said in the last column that his column will no longer be in the Metronews. Not sure what happened; mabey the paper canned him. But you won't see any more Marty York in Metronews.

The fact that Peter Ufford isn't saying anything reinforces what I said about Howard Kelsey staying out of the media. There may or may not be stuff going on behind the scenes, but if something big happens, we won't know about it until BOOM! there's a press conference.

Now I need all of you to say BOOM! please
Dan Russell
Legend

The Grizzlies left? :lol: