was talking to my friend from L.A. today...(CFL Related)

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

GeroySimonFAN
All Star

he told me he was watching ESPNEWS(a 24 hour sports news station in the states) and today they showed the highlights of the Calgary/Toronto game, however, they did not show any real GAMEPLAY Highlights. All they were showing was the little shoving match that went on at Calgary's sideline. He did say that they mentioned the school that Bishop attended and they did tell the final score. He told me he rarely sees ANY CFL Post Game Coverage on any sports channel that he has...but he is aware that the actual games are shown on some providers down south.

you'd think that they would show some gameplay highlights...
Big_Fisha

im surprised that YOUR surprised. lets face it, there are a lot of sports ahead of the CFL on the totem pole down south.
Iron Lion
prospect

It was like that even when there were US teams in the CFL, sadly
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

yeah, i think Clayton follows the CFL closer than most guys down south, he's based out of Seattle so im sure he keeps tab's on the lions and other teams.
swervin
Rookie

I saw Pardon the Interruption on ESPN Friday and the showed the clip of the Equipment manager throwing the water bottle and one of those two idiots on the show said somethinh like "too bad its the CFL, which nobody cares about, and too bad its an assistant coach, which nobody cares about, I wish it was an NFL head coach that did it". That pretty much sums up the CFL in the eye of most US media. A fringe sport thats good to fill empty slots at 2am along with fishing shows and strongman competitions. Every now and then when something out of the ordinary happens, a clip of a CFL game will get shown on highlights of the night or plays of the week.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

I was watching ESPN last summer when some smug EPSN talking head was discussing MLB and calling out the NL as the weak sister of MLB compared to the AL by saying the NL is the CFL of MLB.

BTW, ESPN: which league won the World Series?

Ha Ha.
The Pez
Starter

Last year during the Monday Night Football halftime show they showed highlights of both the west and east finals. Showed Paris Jacksons' catch in the endzone.....not bad
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Chris Berman has showed playoff and grey cup highlights on ESPN for years. He even speaks French if the highlights involve the Als.
Ravi
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:Chris Berman has showed playoff and grey cup highlights on ESPN for years. He even speaks French if the highlights involve the Als.
What I have heard, which makes sense, is that a TSN feed is always running in the ESPN newsroom so the ESPN people can't help but watch the CFL games on there. Berman tends to know a decent amount (in comparison to most Americans) about the CFL and I think that is where his knowledge comes from.
swervin
Rookie

Ravi wrote:
Belize City Lion wrote:Chris Berman has showed playoff and grey cup highlights on ESPN for years. He even speaks French if the highlights involve the Als.
What I have heard, which makes sense, is that a TSN feed is always running in the ESPN newsroom so the ESPN people can't help but watch the CFL games on there. Berman tends to know a decent amount (in comparison to most Americans) about the CFL and I think that is where his knowledge comes from.
Yes i have to give credit to Berman for mentioning the CFL more than pretty much any other US sports personality.