friday night blackout

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

mightybuck
Legend

Trying to figure out how to tap into a source for friday night. Ebahn also blacked out this past friday. Direct TV and american stations blacked out. Expecting the same for this friday. Webcast will be blacked out I assume.

Wish I could find some internet page that carries a canadian station somehow. Too bad Ebahn didnt carry a canadian station along with america one

Any ideas?
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Hi Steve:

I am not sure if this would work but this is a source for hockey games that don't get broadcast locally. I believe it was orangeshoes99 that brought this to our attention.

http://pages.tvunetworks.com/about/

If I understand it, there needs to be someone at home who is not blacked out who can broadcast the game over this system so you guys down south can sign on.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

What about TSN Broadband?
Rammer
Team Captain

Canuck_4_Life wrote:What about TSN Broadband?
It will be blacked out from my understanding, unless he can use a untraceable IP from this link...http://www.proxy-list.net/anonymous-proxy-lists.shtml
Entertainment value = an all time low
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Why would it be blacked out if his IP resides in California?
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
mightybuck
Legend

when i go to that tsn web page and click on any game in the archives it will not play because of copyright. The messages they can not broadcast outside of Canada and it appears that my computer is outside of Canada. Yep - they have that right.

So I would assume the same will be for Friday since they already said all games will be blacked out in the US. As said before. Bummer

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

There are two above-board ways to get the game outside Canada.

1. Subscribe to the exclusive U.S. satellide HD service if it's available in your area.

2. TSN and the league have launched a new international broadband service and Friday's Edmonton-B.C. game is advertised as being available for $9.95 US. The league website makes no mention of U.S. blackouts. Link
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Why would it be blacked out if his IP resides in California?
Zoom HD has exclusive rights to FNF. TSN won't allow a US ISP to get the game. The prob is Zoom is only avaliable on Dist and not Direct TV.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Of course, if you don't care about being "above board" you just find a Canadian proxy to link through.

I get pissed off at all the US shows I like (Studio 60, Jericho) that have all kinds of extra online stuff that they hype throughout the show, but when I try to check them out, I get the same copyright blocks...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
mightybuck
Legend

Of course, if you don't care about being "above board
Not trying to sound pious - but I do want to be above board so I wont.

Need to try the $9.95 idea - will have to wait till friday and see I guess. Or try Toppys link suggestion

Soundy
Hall of Famer

Hmm, not that Toppy's idea is necessarily any more legit than the proxy idea... both are giving you access to content that you're technically not supposed to have access to from where you are, unless TVU has an agreement with the CFL as well.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
swervin
Rookie

I think this whole practice by TSN/CTV of blacking out broadband feeds to IPs outside of Canada is ridiculous. I think the CFL signing a boneheaded deal with VOOM/Dish to limit the FNF US viewing audience to the 20 people who actually subscribe to WorldsportHD is even more ridiculous. So i found a solution.

http://www.myp2p.eu lists just about every streamed sporting event known to mankind. Im sure if you look around the forums you might find a link or two to CFL games being shown on Sopcast. Its how i managed to watch Hockey Night in Canada's broadcast of the later rounds of the playoffs this year, and its how im going to watch FNF this year. Im more than willing to pay to see FNF broadcasts, but since im unable to do so, the morons at TSN and the CFL head office give me no choicebut to do it this way.
seattle

If you were setting up a cable/satellite package in the US solely to get CFL games, what is the best way to go about this. I live in Seattle and have looked at the press release on the cfl.ca website, and it lists the coverage for some markets but not for Seattle. It looks like there is some content on Dish, DirecTV, Comcast, and of course CBC (which is easy to get through normal cable I believe). Have any of you other American residing lions fans figured out what package/provider gives access to the most lions (and other CFL games) in the US (specifically Seattle)?
swervin
Rookie

seattle wrote:If you were setting up a cable/satellite package in the US solely to get CFL games, what is the best way to go about this. I live in Seattle and have looked at the press release on the cfl.ca website, and it lists the coverage for some markets but not for Seattle. It looks like there is some content on Dish, DirecTV, Comcast, and of course CBC (which is easy to get through normal cable I believe). Have any of you other American residing lions fans figured out what package/provider gives access to the most lions (and other CFL games) in the US (specifically Seattle)?
I have Directv and subscribe to the sports package. It costs about $10 extra a month and you get all those regional sports networks (channels in the 600's). Those are where the games are shown. You wont get FNF games(see above posts). I watch FNF games online with Sopcast. I check http://www.myp2p.eu to see where its being shown and then tune in. If you want the most games possible on TV and dont care about the cost, you need to get Dish network with a HD reciever. They have a sports package as well (cant remember what the cost is). You also have to subscribe to WorldsportHD to get the FNF games. Im pretty sure it costs extra but i dont know how much. Good luck.