A Wake-ening!!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

I notice they were calling him Cameron during the telecast, and the Province this morning described him as Cameron Wake in their photo. Wasn't he called Derek Wake through preseason and training camp?
He didnt' want to say anything at training camp John Henry, until he made the team but prefers to be called Cameron. I think Derek is his middle name. I don't care what he wants to be called as long as he continues playing like he did yesterday!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Rammer
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:
I notice they were calling him Cameron during the telecast, and the Province this morning described him as Cameron Wake in their photo. Wasn't he called Derek Wake through preseason and training camp?
He didnt' want to say anything at training camp John Henry, until he made the team but prefers to be called Cameron. I think Derek is his middle name. I don't care what he wants to be called as long as he continues playing like he did yesterday!
Cameron is his middle name and he has started using it the last couple of years. He even said that some of the guys call him Cam now, so you know he is making his mark with the second most important people within the Lions team, and the Coaches have also liked what they have seen in him. So much for the Lions having to search out for a DE after the highly touted DE decided to get a real job leaving the Lions in a lurch.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blitz
Team Captain

We saw in the Toronto game the great body control, leverage and athleticism of Wake. However, we also have to remind ourself that this was Wake's first game and he's not going to get 3 sacks each game...that would give him 54 sacks for the year.

He's still raw, needs to work on his stance, and get off quicker. That said. he'w way, way ahead of where Chris Wilson was in his first pro game and there's no question that Wake oozes potential... and with experience he's going to be a very good one!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:We saw in the Toronto game the great body control, leverage and athleticism of Wake. However, we also have to remind ourself that this was Wake's first game and he's not going to get 3 sacks each game...that would give him 54 sacks for the year.

He's still raw, needs to work on his stance, and get off quicker. That said. he'w way, way ahead of where Chris Wilson was in his first pro game and there's no question that Wake oozes potential... and with experience he's going to be a very good one!
:thup:

I think that if Cameron Wake keeps playing like he did in Toronto, we might be watching one of the finalists in the voting for CFL rookie of the year.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
LFITQ
Team Captain

Anyone got any shots from the game of Wake? Be cool to have someone who DVD'd the game put up a pic or two of the hits he nailed DA or Bishop with ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Go EarthqWake!!!

Dayummm!!!!

Another Obie find.

Chris Wilson never looked this good. Never.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:Go EarthqWake!!!

Dayummm!!!!

Another Obie find.

I think Richard Wade had a lot to do with Cameron being here, actually. Credit where credit is due and all.

Richard Wade
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:Go EarthqWake!!!

Dayummm!!!!

Another Obie find.

I think Richard Wade had a lot to do with Cameron being here, actually. Credit where credit is due and all.

Richard Wade
Thanks

Good article
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

You can always count on the CFL....they are such a stickler to detail......he's now listed as Derek Cameron on the roster. :lol: :bang: :bang: :lol:
Lloyd