Official BC at Toronto Game Day Thread - June 28

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:
Not to mention my little dog..... :wink:
That is just age Lloyd, and they have a blue pill for that I hear. :tease:
While being dishearteningly true, it has nothing to do with my little dog. :lol:

Are those little blue pills still working for you, Phil?..........Are they blue? :wink:
:lol:

Well I have seen some on a commercial and I was told they were blue. :lol:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

LETS GO LIIIIIIONSS
2012 Season Ticket Holder
BEEECEEE
All Star

Go llllllllllioooooooooooooooooooooons
Formely sfu_guy
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rich Stubler vs. OC by committee

Dave Ritchie vs. Steve Burratto

Wally "do your jobs" vs Pinball "For Queen and Country" rah rah

2006 Grey Cup champs vs. 2007 Grey Cup hosts.

The first one has me the most worried. And the last one, based on play in the pre-season, has me a bit concerned.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

All I know is that the pubgater here will be a riot. Probably literally. Esks fans, Bomber fans....better wear boots, because the poop will be flying.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

re
Wally "do your jobs" vs Pinball "For Queen and Country" rah rah

Yes, that would seem to characterize the two coaches quite well.

Wally is as good as it gets at building a team, bringing in new talent, replacing aging veterans, setting an overall tone of high expectations, being honest with the players, not getting too high or low, not being a "holler guy", taking care of all the details that make a difference, thinking outside of the box, making judgments about the players, letting coaches and players do their thing, etc.

However, I think Pinball Clemons might have an edge in psyching a team up for a big game. Not many coaches can do that or even try to do it. Lombardi of course was the best at it. Pinball has a rare gift for it.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

[Dave Ritchie vs. Steve Burratto]

That's a good matchup.

I've always liked Burratto. The story he tells of his experience as a rookie trying out for Vince Lombardi was very interesting. Taking care of his wife, working with his brother, getting back into coaching with the Lions: all interesting.

I think he is a very good offensive coordinator.

What puzzles me is: why does he keep getting fired? Is he too independent and threatening for a boss? Is he difficult to work with? What's the deal with that?

Hasn't he been hired by Adam Rita twice and fired once? so far ......

I am kind of disappointed we didn't get a chance to hire George Cortez as OC. I suspect Wally might have been disappointed at the timing also. Our two guys there do not have much of a track record as OCs. And it remains to be seen how well it can work sharing the job. We will see.
Blitz
Team Captain

Makes me laugh that the Argos said that Allan had won the starters job, based upon practices..even though he looked awful in his exhibition stint.

Sometimes these 'competitions' are a farce and for qb's like Bishop it's gotta be disheartening. However, Bishop will get some playing time tonight. I believe, over time McMahon will become the Argos quarterback of the future.

Anyway, tonite we'll need to be prepared to see both Allan and Bishop!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

IMHO, 2007 will be the final season for Bishop in the CFL.

Why? Because he will get his chance to be the starter, only to fail.

Why do I think he will fail? Watching the pre-season game on June 9th, he has a tendency that I noticed with Khari Jones......make your read, throw the ball without fear and pray to God that your receiver can beat the DB's for the ball. Quite a few balls thrown to a receiver with the DB sitting in his back pocket focussed on tight coverage and not the ball.

That was vanilla defence pre-season and he was mostly successful.....but come regular season, playing against wily veteran DBs with disguised defences.....IMHO, Bishop will struggle reading the defences and wily vets, "hiding in the weeds" are going to "take it to the house" a bunch this year and the Argos will finally give up on Bishop and turn their attention to McMahon.
Lloyd
LFITQ
Team Captain

Geez I am sitting here at work waiting for the Jim Gnome show to be over on the Team 1040 so I can tune in to the Rick Ball show and get started on the "pre-game".

Is it over yet? How about now? Is it over now? Are we almost there??
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Same same.......sitting here at work going back and forth between websites.......counting minutes before I leave................THAT's IT.........I'm out of here !!!!!!
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Geez I am sitting here at work waiting for the Jim Gnome show to be over on the Team 1040 so I can tune in to the Rick Ball show and get started on the "pre-game".

Is it over yet? How about now? Is it over now? Are we almost there??
CFL on TSN currently has been showing the last hour at least. Combining that with what the TEAM is offering up currently is difficult, dare I saw CFL overload.....lol
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

ok time to move to the office with the TV...
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

OK, it's official... I'M PUMPED!! Rum & Coke #2 just about down. The day turned from rainy and cool (83f) to sunny just in time for kick-off albeit to late for a BBQ, but the rice & beans are almost ready (SM Phantom knows what I am talking about). Mmmmm!

Let's Go Leos!!! Back to Back baby!!
Blitz
Team Captain

OK, it's official... I'M PUMPED!!
Me too Balize! :rockin:
IMHO, 2007 will be the final season for Bishop in the CFL.

Why? Because he will get his chance to be the starter, only to fail.
McMahon is the future quarterback for the Argos. However, Bishop won the contest for the starting job at training camp. Burrattto wanted to start Bishop today but was overruled by da Pinball, who would rather have the future Hall of Famer lose the job in front of the fans himself than make the right football decision. The Pinball would rather be highly regarded by Damon than go with Bishop.

Pinball is even more slippery as a Head Coach than he was as a punt returner. He is like teflon, always deflecting responsibility onto others. I remember his retirement speech, where he thanked everyone but Premier Gordon Cambell. He was already campaigning for the Head Coaching position without any coaching experience. He's a wily one!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)