James Curry Arrested

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:In his book A Passing Game, Frank Cosentino made a passing reference to that incident:
...there was a feeling that the commissioner's power was being eroded. He had suspended Saskatchewan's James Curry for a hit on Argonaut quarterback John Congemi. The one-game suspension was not being served since Curry, with the backing of the Players' Association, had appealed.
This Roughriders message forum also says that Curry was fined $500 over the hit.

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/archive/ ... -8986.html
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Rammer
Team Captain

Entertainment value = an all time low
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Reviving this old thread, I came across an 1987 article about the James Curry - John Congemi incident a month after it occurred.

------
THE OTTAWA CITIZEN WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12, 1987 Curry appealing suspension before independent arbitrator Bombers' GM scrambling to get home games blacked out TORONTO (CP) - Defensive end James Curry of the Saskatchewan Roughriders will have his forthcoming appeal of a one-game suspension heard by an independent arbitrator. The CFL has yet to announce who the arbiter is or where and when the hearing will be held. Curry was fined $2,500 and suspended one game by CFL commissioner Doug Mitchell for a hit on Toronto Argonaut quarterback John Congemi during a game July 4 in Regina. It was the second time Curry had been disciplined for injuring a quarterback, the first coming in an exhibition game when Curry was fined $2,000 for a late hit on the Montreal Alouettes' Brad Taylor. The latest punishment has been stayed pending the hearing. Ed Molstad, the lawyer for the CFL Players Association, will represent Curry. While Molstad would not discuss his plans for defending Curry, a contentious issue is expected to be the extent of Congemi's injury. Congemi was diagnosed as having two cracked transverse pro-sesses in his neck and was out of action for three weeks. However, Roughrider general manager Bill Baker claims that was an old injury and Congemi suffered only a.

James Curry Intent to injure? case of whiplash. Congemi denied this Tuesday, saying it was his first neck injury. Baker said Roughrider team doctors informed him they believe Congemi cracked the bones in his neck some time ago, likely during his college days at the University of Pittsburgh. Baker passed this information to Mitchell, the Argos and the CFLPA. "My medical reports indicate it was an old injury," Baker said. "We had that confirmed by our medical people and we have in formed the commissioner of this. "(The doctors) were quite specific about it, that at some time previous he had suffered a neck injury. Lots of football players have injuries they don't know about." Congemi said his only serious college injury was a badly bruised lower back, which had completely healed by the time he signed with the Argos. "I've never been hurt in the neck before, unless something happened while I was asleep," Congemi said. "I'm not a doctor but I know I was hurt enough to keep me out three weeks. "I know I felt a lot of pain right after I was hit." Baker did not know if Molstad planned to use the Roughriders medical report during the hearing. The general manager says the bigger issue will be if Curry had any intent to injure Congemi. Molstad said, "Well, that's interesting," when told Congemi said it was his first neck injury and then refused further comment. Argo general manager Leo Ca-hill said Baker's medical report is mistaken. A report filed by Argo team physician Dr. Robert Jackson said Congemi suffered the cracked processes as a result of Curry's hit.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

According to his linkedin page, Curry has been a skycap at the Atlanta airport since 2011.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-curry-7379434a