A word about e-mailing Lions tickets.

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Gerry
Legend

When I buy season tickets, I buy tickets to the games. I don't buy decals, calendars, roar reports, hot dogs at fan fest etc. All that stuff is gravy. But none of it is anything that I expect.

The tickets themselves are a good deal. I have a guaranteed place to sit for every game and a significant discount over single game prices. Even those single game prices are a good deal relative to other entertainment options in Vancouver.

If I needed to sell one of my seats and I could e-mail the ticket for $1.95 I would consider that a bargain compared to having to mail the tickets or actually meeting someone to hand them the ticket.

Sorry. I don't see any of this as being worth complaining about.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Gerry wrote:When I buy season tickets, I buy tickets to the games. I don't buy decals, calendars, roar reports, hot dogs at fan fest etc. All that stuff is gravy. But none of it is anything that I expect.

The tickets themselves are a good deal. I have a guaranteed place to sit for every game and a significant discount over single game prices. Even those single game prices are a good deal relative to other entertainment options in Vancouver.

If I needed to sell one of my seats and I could e-mail the ticket for $1.95 I would consider that a bargain compared to having to mail the tickets or actually meeting someone to hand them the ticket.

What he said.
Rammer
Team Captain

Gerry wrote:When I buy season tickets, I buy tickets to the games. I don't buy decals, calendars, roar reports, hot dogs at fan fest etc. All that stuff is gravy. But none of it is anything that I expect.

Thanks Gerry, but lets say that I purchased two ST for a few years, then upped it to 6, wouldn't I expect similar swag, only 3 times as much as I got with 2 ST? As for the $1.95, let me make this clear, it isn't the cost being the issue, it is how the Lions are creating a cost for any and every avenue that an extra charge can be pushed upon the fan. If you don't begin to complain at some point, when will you begin to.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Wally!
Starter

As for the $1.95, let me make this clear, it isn't the cost being the issue, it is how the Lions are creating a cost for any and every avenue that an extra charge
The Lions did not create this cost. It is a ticketmaster service and fee. I would be shocked if the Lions see one cent of the $1.95 surcharge.
Photog
Legend

The swag would be the biggest issue for me. There is no way to justify not getting a complete set of swag for each set of season tickets purchased.
It is not fair to the STHs who did not receive a complete set. STHs who did receive a complete set, but who do not like it when less fortunate STHs complain, should consider donating their set of swag to them.
IMHO that one point alone makes Kens rant worthwhile. :thup:
The Official Has-Been.
Rick James
Legend

Not only did I not get one set of swag per ticket in my name ( i have 3 in my name but i only have one and a half) but my set of swag was incomplete. No orange cards, vouchers, 2for1's and one of my tickets for the game tomorow was missing.

Whats the deal? Are they not used to having to send out 22 000 packages!!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Rick James wrote:Not only did I not get one set of swag per ticket in my name ( i have 3 in my name but i only have one and a half) but my set of swag was incomplete. No orange cards, vouchers, 2for1's and one of my tickets for the game tomorow was missing.

Whats the deal? Are they not used to having to send out 22 000 packages!!
Ive got your Orange card. BB
David
Team Captain

Photog wrote:The swag would be the biggest issue for me. There is no way to justify not getting a complete set of swag for each set of season tickets purchased.
It is not fair to the STHs who did not receive a complete set. STHs who did receive a complete set, but who do not like it when less fortunate STHs complain, should consider donating their set of swag to them.
But what about my friend Brian who buys 4 season tickets: one for him, one for his wife, and one each for his two small daughters (aged 5 and 7). Does he really need 4 calendars, 4 orange cards, 4 sticker tranfers, and 4 fridge magnets?

I'm with Gerry. I can't believe how many guys want their balls tickled just because they put their money up front and reserved some seats. If someone's complaining about being offered a hot dog and pop at Fanfest (for each ticket purchased!) over a spaghetti dinner, and not getting enough swag, then they're a season ticket holder for all the wrong reasons. This is a business (and a pretty lean one at that), not a charity.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:
Photog wrote:The swag would be the biggest issue for me. There is no way to justify not getting a complete set of swag for each set of season tickets purchased.
But what about my friend Brian who buys 4 season tickets: one for him, one for his wife, and one each for his two small daughters (aged 5 and 7). Does he really need 4 calendars, 4 orange cards, 4 sticker tranfers, and 4 fridge magnets?

I'm with Gerry. I can't believe how many guys want their balls tickled just because they put their money up front and reserved some seats. If someone's complaining about being offered a hot dog and pop at Fanfest (for each ticket purchased!) over a spaghetti dinner, and not getting enough swag, then they're a season ticket holder for all the wrong reasons. This is a business (and a pretty lean one at that), not a charity.

DH 8)
Question, how much of the swag did you get per ticket purchased? While I could do without the calenders, or orange cards, isn't it better if the Lions give me that option? LFitQ made the best comparison, if you bought first class airline tickets and ended up with coach food, would you complain?

I had intentions of using those 2 for 1 coupons to entice some old Lion fans back to the park, now that won't be happening. As for the hot dog, I didn't bother with the six I was entitled to, but had it been spaghetti, I would certainly made an effort for them. Now are the Lions doing themselves a favour by giving the cheap version of swag, vs just a couple of seasons back? I don't think so, not that spaghetti is very expensive, but it is more universally enjoyed, I suspect.

I guess when it comes down to it, I don't feel that I got the same value as you did David, and that isn't the right way to conduct business.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

How about hotdogs chopped up in your spaghetti???
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Rick James
Legend

David wrote: But what about my friend Brian who buys 4 season tickets: one for him, one for his wife, and one each for his two small daughters (aged 5 and 7). Does he really need 4 calendars, 4 orange cards, 4 sticker tranfers, and 4 fridge magnets?

No he doesn't. I can agree with that, but what about people like me that have 3 seats in my name, but not all those seats are mine. I guess now my friends and I will just split them up and the Lions will have to mail everything out to us seperately.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Yep it's a business. And as such you have to be worried about what the consumers are saying. Anyone who has been involved in dealing with consumers has to know the basic rule.

For every person that does raise a concern, how many people have been turned off and walked away without letting you know they were concerned in the first place?

I do find it interesting tho, those that are saying season ticket holder should just put up and shut up seem only able to attack the character of those making the concerns (ie "they're a season ticket holder for all the wrong reasons", "spoiled", "immature", amongst others). There does not seem to be any real basis for a defence of their position.

I'm sorry, I feel I have been a loyal Lions fan for many years and I also hope to be one for many more. I have not allowed distance to hinder that passion and have found ways to "make it work". I don't believe I am a "season ticket holder for all the wrong reasons", as I enjoy the entertainment value of the Lions and have for many years. There is a reason my rec room is covered in Lions memorabilia, I have loved the Lions and the CFL. And because of that passion, I get concerned when I see things starting to go in what I feel is the wrong direction. And because I care about this team, I feel it is important to speak up rather than just quit and leave the team not knowing why.

And from posts on here, I see I am not alone.

That, by itself, should raise a concern to anyone who truly cares for this team.

Much like some people on here criticize the Lions print and video ads, what they offer to season ticket holders has no less impact on their marketting campaign. I find it quite interesting that it is alright to raise concerns over the print ads, but not on how there has been a rise (compared to when I was first a season ticket holder) and then a reduction, but with increased costs, on how season ticket holders are treated.

In both circumstances, we are stating these concerns, complaints or whatever you want to call them, because we care. And because we care, no one is a "season ticket holder for all the wrong reasons". We all want the same thing. The Team to flourish and prosper and bring home Grey Cups. It's just, that because of our differences as individuals, there are different things that hit us differently.

The Lions are in a VERY competitive market for the entertainment dollar. Keep in mind it is the ENTERTAINMENT dollar. For people to spend money on it they have to feel they are getting FULL VALUE for their dollar. Here is an example:
We have a theatre in town here that is older, and has not had any updates. The screen is small so that many of the big blockbuster films actually get cutoff because they don't fit on the screen (Imagine at a movie theater and seeing the line "This film has been modified to fit this screen"). In addition, the movie house has very old speakers and an outdated sound system. They charge the same amount of $$ for a movie shown on it's screen as the big screen theater up the road a bit which has bigger screens, better speakers etc (not newer, just that they chose to update). Now the older theater is quaint and a nice place to watch a flick, but if I am going to spend my $10 on a film I want the full experience. I feel I am not getting the same value for my money as I am getting at the other theater. With the same movie showing, which theater are you going to? Now if no one complains to the theater owner, and everyone just starts going to the other theater, the owner will never know why he went under. Those that want to see the theater remain an option, will complain or voice their concerns to the owner so the owner can see about making the changes to win back, or keep, the customers he has and hopefully even grow the business bigger.

It's great for businesses to know when things are good, but IMHO, it is better for businesses to know what things people are concerned about so they can do something about it. We have seen that the Lions are listening with the "Be a Fan not a Fool" campaign, attempts at shortening lineups at concession (even when that is not their area), they have taken notice of the tailgates as evidenced by them sending people over to it from the Beatty street block party, the link to Lionbackers.com on the website, amongst a host of other things.

Just look at what complaints and concerns have done with regards to the Lions website. I'm sure we can all agree that since posters on here have raised concerns over the state of the website we have seen some pretty drastic and positive results. Also, it was partly because of concerns over the Lions discussion forum that D saw a need for a little project called Lionbackers.com. And that I think we can all say was also a good thing!

Trust me, Bobby and co. like the pat on the back for good things, but Bobby works hard at finding out where the deficiencies are, that's why he's been successful.

Anyhow, I have voiced my concerns. I have noted that there are several others who have the same concerns. The Lions know about it, they have concerns too. I am done with it and will take a wait and see attitude until next year (or rather December). For now I am moving on and getting ready to enjoy some football. Something which I think we can all agree to complain about - the offseason is FAR too long!!

Bring on some football!! :rockin: :rockin:
Last edited by LFITQ on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Soundy
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:For every person that does raise a concern, how many people have been turned off and walked away without letting you know they were concerned in the first place?

I do find it interesting tho, those that are saying season ticket holder should just put up and shut up seem only able to attack the character of those making the concerns (ie "they're a season ticket holder for all the wrong reasons", "spoiled", "immature", amongst others). There does not seem to be any real basis for a defence of their position.
If they walked away because they got fewer perks, they aren't really fans, are they? They're butts in the seats, they're some dollars on the bottom line, but they aren't football fans. Or maybe the Lions should get more corporate sales, like the Canucks, so they can create a section full of classy, expensive seats, half of which can sit empty because they were bought for the status rather than for the enjoyment of the game.
Rammer
Team Captain

Soundy wrote:
LFITQ wrote:For every person that does raise a concern, how many people have been turned off and walked away without letting you know they were concerned in the first place?

If they walked away because they got fewer perks, they aren't really fans, are they? They're butts in the seats, they're some dollars on the bottom line, but they aren't football fans. Or maybe the Lions should get more corporate sales, like the Canucks, so they can create a section full of classy, expensive seats, half of which can sit empty because they were bought for the status rather than for the enjoyment of the game.
Stay with the flow and don't isolate on one factor here each time, it is about the Lions current trend of several valid points that have been brought forward and where and when will it stop. In fact your corporate version is exactly what we are expressing our fears about here.
Photog
Legend

Soundy wrote: If they walked away because they got fewer perks, they aren't really fans, are they? They're butts in the seats, they're some dollars on the bottom line, but they aren't football fans.
So, you're saying "real fans" deserve to be treated poorly (ie. not receiving a complete set of swag) . . . and should just shut up and take it?
The Official Has-Been.