Singh Looking Forward to Playing the Lions...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Somehow, no matter how you read this quote, you know that Singh is looking forward to the 4 matches against the Lions this season...
Bobby Singh wrote:"There was bitterness," Sign admitted. "I'm not going to lie. Just because of the situation I was in. I bent over backwards for the Lions and I did whatever I could. All of a sudden, that's over with.

"I hope we beat the crap out of B.C., but that's about it (in regards to hard feelings). I don't want to say anything else. It's over with.

"Actually," he corrected himself, "no matter what team we play, I hope we beat the crap out of them. I think we've got a really good chance to go all the way this year."
I don't think it is really over, I call BS.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Bobby Singh has ZERO grounds for bitterness here. Two years ago, he and his agent were squeezing Wally for extra money, threatening to walk away in free agency, etc. Hey, that's just pro sports, but don't start whining about how you, "bent over backwards" for the team when two years ago, you were trying to bend them over the sink yourself. It cuts both ways. Had Bobby just quietly signed his deal two years ago, he might have grounds to *beeotch*, but given the fuss he raised it's pretty hypocritical of him to complain now when he was working that same system to his advantage back when he had the hammer.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Bottom line is Bobby, in order to "beat the crap out of B.C" you will need to keep that insecure massive egoed QB of yours off of his back, or at least give him enuf time to find a receiver wearing red.

And with your O-line up against our D, and our d-backs against your QB, well I just don't see that happening.

Best of luck though. :beer:
midwestlion
Starter

Best of luck though.

Except when he plays us (GC CHamps)!!! :beer:
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Lionut wrote:Bobby Singh has ZERO grounds for bitterness here. Two years ago, he and his agent were squeezing Wally for extra money, threatening to walk away in free agency, etc. Hey, that's just pro sports, but don't start whining about how you, "bent over backwards" for the team when two years ago, you were trying to bend them over the sink yourself. It cuts both ways. Had Bobby just quietly signed his deal two years ago, he might have grounds to *beeotch*, but given the fuss he raised it's pretty hypocritical of him to complain now when he was working that same system to his advantage back when he had the hammer.
IMHO, what BS means.......is that he offered to take a substantial pay cut, but the Lions released him anyway.

As I've posted before, IMHO, this was more personal than it was money related.
Lloyd
LFITQ
Team Captain

Bobby has to prove that he can actually play a full season to be of any concern.

As much as he may want to play vs. BC, the fact of the matter is, based on past performance, there is a greater chance he will be watching from the sidelines rather than having anything to do with any type of success his team may or may not have against the Lions.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Blitz
Team Captain

Bobby has to prove that he can actually play a full season to be of any concern
The Leos dropped Singh for a number of reasons including his injury situation, Rasouli's youth and performance last season, and the desire to develop a younger offensive lineman as a backup. Singh would not have been happy being a backup, even though he would have stuck it out to stay in Vancouver.

I doubt it was personal at all although. At the same time I'm sure they didn't mind Singh learning that it can cut both ways. However, Wally is about winning and the big picture was that it was better to let Singh go that possibly deal with the potential headache of having an outspoken guy, a previous starter and all-star backing up on the offensive line.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Bobby has to prove that he can actually play a full season to be of any concern.

As much as he may want to play vs. BC, the fact of the matter is, based on past performance, there is a greater chance he will be watching from the sidelines rather than having anything to do with any type of success his team may or may not have against the Lions.
My thoughts exactly !
Dan Russell
Legend

Right now the odds of Singh playing against the Lions this season is 10-1 as he should suffer an injury in game 2 that will end his season.
CB123
Legend

Was Bobby at the Ring Presentation?
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No, he was at the Stampeders' training camp.