Which is your Favourite BC Lions Grey Cup Ring?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Which year's BC Lions Grey Cup Championship ring is your favourite?

No votes
No votes
33%
33%
33%
No votes

Total votes: 3
Robbie
Hall of Famer

With their five Grey Cup championships, five BC Lions Grey Cup rings have been designed. Take a look at each year's ring and indicate which year's championship ring do you think looks the best?

For me, obviously diamonds make a ring more attractive, so I can say for sure the one I like the least is the 1985 one because it seems to contain only three diamonds. The 2006 design certain has a unique look from other championship rings. I know that the five Grey Cups that appear on the ring are a homage to their previous wins. But unless you were on all four of those previous squads, they may not mean much. The 1964 rings look somewhat old fashioned, which of course is suitable for a 1964 win. My vote will come down to the between the 1994 and 2000 rings. Although the diamonds on the perimeter of the 1964 and 2000 rings are okay, I like the way they are bunched up in the 1994 ring. So I'll go with that design with the 2000 ring being second, the 2006 ring third, the 1964 ring fourth, and the 1985 ring the least favourite design.

2011:

2006:

2000:

1994:

1985:

1964:
Last edited by Robbie on Mon May 25, 2020 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

:sleep:
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

'64 made up for lost time.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I like the 85 one best. It looks the 'sharpest' I think in terms of design. I know, I know Grey Cup Rings are suppossed to be over the top but 85's my fav cuz it's not.
D
Team Captain

2006 .... 94 is my 2nd choice
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Big Time
Champion

I like 2006, although 1994 is a close second because of the simplistic beauty of this ring. I don't think your picture is doing this ring justice so allow me to post the following of the 1994 ring:

I think I just went blind from this amazing bling :rockin:

FYI, Wally's got some nice rings in his trophy case. Check out the ones he won while with the Stamps:

Robbie
Hall of Famer

One distinction that I noticed about the 2006 ring is that unlike the other four rings, the year does not appear on the front.

What I like about the 1985 ring is the orange background, but it is too plain looking otherwise.

The two most common colours of championship rings are the yellow gold and white diamonds. But some rings are made more colourful by the addition of gemstones, usually related to the team's logo and uniform colours. If a team's colours consist of red or blue, that makes it easy for them to decorate their ring with ruby or sapphire to give it additional colours. But with the Lions, I don't think any gemstone can give the ring the dark orange colours although topaz comes close, and that I be used for the Lion's head.

I did a search of the Intergold web site to see if I can find the fan catalogue for the Lions rings. I could not, but I found these other colourful rings designed by the company.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

And I also found out something that I didn't know about before. The 2002 Canadian men's Olympic ice-hockey team won gold medals. But the Canadian Olympic Committee also awarded the team with championship rings. The Canadian team that won the 2004 World Cup of Hockey also received rings.

ImageImage
Big Time
Champion

If you want to see pictures of championship rings, head on over to http://www.championship-rings.net.

Intergold does a fantastic job on rings by the way. I think the Carolina Hurricanes Stanley Cup ring is one of the best rings I have ever seen. I also really like the St. Louis Cardinals World Series ring.

The Tampa Bay Lightning ring is probably the ugliest championship ring I have ever seen. I can't imagine what it must have been like for Andreychuk to play his entire career for a ring and to end up with that monstrosity.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Big Time wrote:FYI, Wally's got some nice rings in his trophy case.
While you're at it, don't forget to include the two rings he won as an Alouettes player. I was only able to find a picture of the 1977 ring:

D
Team Captain

2 more fingers and Wally can retire .... unles he wnts bling for his toes :lol:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

D wrote:2 more fingers and Wally can retire .... unles he wnts bling for his toes :lol:
74, 77, 92, 98, 01, 06... am I missing some years or is Pasquale missing some fingers? :hypno:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

TheLionKing wrote::sleep:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Rammer
Team Captain

Nice interview on the TEAM with CK this AM. Carl really got choked up when he saw the rings, he really sounded relaxed with the idea of retirement. BMac siad that we will reflect upon Carl Kidd as not just a character, but a character that could play. That is a good description of the Lions inspirational leader. :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
CB123
Legend

I cant choose, any ring with a Lions logo on it is my favorite.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

With all the various threads about BC Lions favourites, then I'll revive this thread as will to include the 2011 Grey Cup ring. Which is the best looking BC Lions Grey Cup ring?
http://lionbackers.com/history/gcring.html

If diamonds is the most important thing, then 2011 contains the most diamonds.

This has been posted before, but I'll post it again. Here's Lui Passaglia displaying three of his Grey Cup rings:
As a staff member, he actually won a fourth in 2006.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。