Als skirting the SMS?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

According to a Doug Brown article today that may be the case. He cut through the red tape that we would encounter and found out why the Al players are training a month early at their own expense.....

Well, according to my research, many of these eager beavers aren't paying for their own housing, as the team rents apartments for those who come in early and require it. As for the spending money required for an extra month, I have no confirmation they are receiving anything from the club, but I do wonder how American players, who get work visas only after they have made the team, make ends meet when they are virtually unemployable in Canada until the season starts.

If the Al's are housing the players, then that money should be applied to the Als salaries. That should be an easy deduction on the Als books to find for the auditor, and if found to be hidden, Doug Brown just got the whistle blowers award.
Entertainment value = an all time low