Kidd fires Medlock

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

And Cam Yeow may be in the mix as well.......that's a lot of LB's and lot of NI ones to boot.
Lloyd
Tailgate Heaven
prospect

Hey Mard65 - how bigs your tailgate crew? Do you tailgate at the stadium or off site?
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Apparently Carl has fired Jason Medlock after the best deal offered to him so far was $40,000 from the Tiger-Cats. Kidd says the offer was insulting and now plans to represent himself.

If he can't get a new deal in 4 weeks he will retire.

Source: Rick Dhaliwal CKNW

This is what Ti-Cats GM Marcel Desjardins had to say about dealing with Medlock:
"The fact that Jason Medlock is his agent makes it just that much worse," says Marcel Desjardins, GM of the Tiger-Cats. "He's just a pain, the way he negotiates through the media. I don't need to deal with somebody like that."
This is indeed insulting to Carl and my heart goes out to him as he truly deserves a better deal than this slap in the face from Medlock.

What else can you expect from an agent that sees next to nothing in it for himself, and is certainly not going to go the extra mile out of loyalty to his used-up host.

Good on you Carl...

Fire his raggedy ass out your door. I don't know how you got mixed up with that headcase to begin with.

I'd love to see you return to the Lions for less salary, and teach our youngsters how to play "lionbacker in your head, and on the field", the kind of ball that only you could play.

You will land on your feet Kidd you'll see.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis