Ti-Cats sign McKay-Loescher

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

OV - 54:40 wrote:Should be a good chance then that a supposed raw talent like Foley with an explosive burst off the line preportedly too and from hardly a football powerhouse like York will get a good chance to earn a rush end spot too. Lots of real competition in TC is always a good thing one would think and of course it can always be assumed that the coaching staff just goes with who they think grade out the "best" players at every position.
Foley is indeed a raw talent having never played organized football until attending York. Until going there his athletic background was as a decathlete and he had been offered a track and field scholarship to attend Baylor University in Texas. It was that same raw athleticism that earned him a crack with the Baltimore Ravens last year. It was also that relative lack of football experience that likely led to his tenure being brief. I find him to be a very intriguing prospect.

I fully expect Foley to get a good look at DE come training camp. What might work against him will be that lack of football experience. He may still need some grooming as a backup to work on things like technique, footwork and understanding the nuances of the position itself at the pro level. Another factor could be where the Lions see his best long-term development interests being. If they project him as being more suited to LB than DE then they might forego the DE position to work with him developing as a LB.

Certainly Buono has proved willing to give other guys the opportunity to learn a new position under fire. Javy Glatt had never played MLB until last season. Not surprisingly Glatt struggled a bit in the first few games but quickly grew into the position.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
OV - 54:40
Champion

Be intersting to see where Foley fits in on the D and how he does.

Glatt played just OLB at UBC?
Robbie
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Are you sure that Kelly Lochbaum started in the Grey Cup?

Does anyone else remember this or have a video of the 2000 Grey Cup Classic to find out?
I just reviewed my tape of the 2000 Grey Cup and I can confirm that Kelly Lochbaum indeed started the game for the Lions. On the Montreal's first offensive play from scrimmage, Kelly Lochbaum and Carl Kidd stopped Mike Pringle on an Alouettes' rushing attempt.