Thelwell to sign with Stampeders

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:I have always wondered why even clinicians refer to people suffering depression as people "battling demons". I find it odd that it is viewed that way rather than as a medical condition or chemical imbalance. I guess it is a convention and use of the term that is not uncommon when even profesionals refer to people suffering from a range of things including alcoholism and drugs.
Probably for the same reason that homosexuality was considered as a disease.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Did Ryan Thelwell have the dropsies? I forgot that.

I think his game in recent years is a function of a good work ethic and the confidence shown in him by the coaches and the QBs. This can be huge for a player. Seeing the ball regularly helps too. I think now that he has established himself as a receiver - with the Lions at least - that he'd be sure handed even if he got just the odd toss per game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

When Thelwell was not taking his medication he had numerous dropsies. I was wondering why the Lions kept him as long as they did.
Sharpo

This assures me that Thelwell will have a game winning TD with the stamps against us this season.

A loss. :no:
Blitz
Team Captain

think his game in recent years is a function of a good work ethic and the confidence shown in him by the coaches and the QBs. This can be huge for a player. Seeing the ball regularly helps too.
The 'medical' situation happened a long time ago and isn't even worth mentioning. I'll remember Ryan's constant smile, his playing through injury and taking some brutal hits and always coming back (he was a lot tougher than has ever been mentioned), his amazing ability to slip the first tackle, and always being the consumate team player and professional. I'm happy that he is still going to be playing for another couple of seasons and making some decent coin doing it. Hopefully Colon will be able to replace him!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Robbie
Hall of Famer

What would you say is your favourite play involving Ryan Thelwell during his time as a Lion?

If you were to ask me, I would say the 78-yard touchdown reception he made on a pass from Casey Printers on the second play of the 2004 West Division Final.

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
think his game in recent years is a function of a good work ethic and the confidence shown in him by the coaches and the QBs. This can be huge for a player. Seeing the ball regularly helps too.
The 'medical' situation happened a long time ago and isn't even worth mentioning. I'll remember Ryan's constant smile, his playing through injury and taking some brutal hits and always coming back (he was a lot tougher than has ever been mentioned), his amazing ability to slip the first tackle, and always being the consumate team player and professional. I'm happy that he is still going to be playing for another couple of seasons and making some decent coin doing it. Hopefully Colon will be able to replace him!
Can't be summed up any better than that! He was a quiet, unassuming player who showed up all the time. In other years, we would be nuts to let him go.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.