Ti Cats trade Goss to Edmonton

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

was hoping they would keep getting washed up players. oh well i guess they can have a few decent players!! :thdn: :thdn:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
LFITQ
Team Captain

Wasn't it just the other day that Ticats management said they wouldn't be trading him?

Ticats already mixed up?? Might be a long season for them ....
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Wasn't it just the other day that Ticats management said they wouldn't be trading him?

Ticats already mixed up?? Might be a long season for them ....
Too many player personel moves to make you think that they have a real chance of gelling until later in the season and by then it most likely will be to late. Last year I thought that they only added veteran CFL players to a team that was decent to begin with and that would enable them to take the next step for becoming an Eastern contender. This season is shaping up to be similar changes without much of a core group to be excited about, plus the changes are for non starting personel so far, it may be a long seasons indeed for the Cats.

I do however like the potential of all the Esks QB's that they have signed behind RR for 07, so this may work out long term for the Cats, but I think that they need a short term injection to give the fans some promise in 07.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Wasn't it just the other day that Ticats management said they wouldn't be trading him?
Anytime management / coach / GM denies anything going on, you can bet your last dollar that there is something going on.
MacNews
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:Too many player personel moves to make you think that they have a real chance of gelling until later in the season and by then it most likely will be to late.
I am willing to give the GM the benefit of the doubt. I think he has a long-term plan and next year isn't his biggest concern. I think he's going to try and get some stability with his coaching staff first then focus on his core players. And then build out from there.

This first year isn't so much about winning (Like the Bombers in 06) but about how well the team plays together, and if they can limit turnovers, keep games close, etc.

Same with the Canucks, the big test is next year when they know Vignault's system. It took Buono a couple years to get going too. (Ok not really, but still)
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Anytime management / coach / GM denies anything going on, you can bet your last dollar that there is something going on.
IIRC, the "wouldn't be trading him" comment was qualified with a "deal we couldn't refuse" type statement.

If Goss has made it clear he has no intention of coming back to Hamilton, then IMHO, Desjardins did a fine job of not blinking.

Getting an import receiver (do they have any receivers left in Hamilton?), a NI STer, a 2007 2nd RD draft pick (10th overall, if I'm not mistaken) and the rights to a highly regarded QB (albeit a project)...........for a player not coming back.........in my books, that's not too shabby......a vast improvement over the Rocky Butler deal.
Lloyd