Tony Simmons/ Kendrick Jones

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

MacNews
Team Captain

I agree Blitz, I'd take Simmons over Jones. Question is who do you get more service out of? Simmons who's blown his knee out twice and is 33 or Jones who is 25.

Hopefully we can keep both, but if I have to choose, I take Jones. He's younger.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:I agree Blitz, I'd take Simmons over Jones. Question is who do you get more service out of? Simmons who's blown his knee out twice and is 33 or Jones who is 25.

Hopefully we can keep both, but if I have to choose, I take Jones. He's younger.
Huh? Which one do you want to keep again???
Rammer
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:
With all due respect Coach, I think you're selling Kendrick a little short. I think he contributed more to the Lions last year than just "the catch." In fact, I thought he had several outstanding games in 2006 (who could forget his performance in Hamilton?). Is he in Tony's league? Not yet, but I thought he acquitted himself very nicely in his first season in the CFL.

Of course, I want Tony Simmons to come back this year (that one seems a no-brainer to me), but I sure hope we can find a way to hang onto Kendrick as well. He showed me great potential.
Kendrick played in 10 games, caught 21 passes for 308 yards....an average of about 2 catches per game and approximately 30 yards average receiving per game. Yes, he missed training camp, yes he has speed, and yes, he has potential.

However, watching Simmons blow past defenders like they had their feet stuck in cement and doing things that even Geroy can't do at times...can only make one be very impressed with his talent. Simmons/Jones is a GOOD problem to have but I still don't see them in the same league, talent wise, and that isn't selling Kendrick short..David...it's saying how good I believe Simmons is!

Simmons played in two games, caught eleven passes in those two games for 183 yards. He also showed how good he is after making a catch. While not a kickoff returner he also returned two kickoffs...the second one for 73 yards on the play that he got injured on. It's not even close between Simmons and Jones if Simmons could stay healthy.....and there is no reason why he can't! This thing likely comes down to money!
Have you sen a player just take off and run at a high level and then kick it up a notch when he has the ball like Simmons. Defenders that are very good at their job, took terrible angles on him, and that has everything to do with his incredible speed.

You just can't have that potential line up against you.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I agree. He deserves that shot at the very least. Let Simmons duke it out with the rest at training camp. If he still has it, he should have the chance to play. If not, then all of this is moot. I like Kendrick fine but all other things being equal, he got the job because of an injury. You shouldn't automatically lose your spot because you were injured in my books.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
MacNews
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:Huh? Which one do you want to keep again???
I got confused, I meant to say Jones. :lol:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:I agree. He deserves that shot at the very least. Let Simmons duke it out with the rest at training camp. If he still has it, he should have the chance to play. If not, then all of this is moot. I like Kendrick fine but all other things being equal, he got the job because of an injury. You shouldn't automatically lose your spot because you were injured in my books.
:whs: