Braley wants to buy B.C. Place ......

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:It would be interesting to know exactly where the crowds come from for Lion games for the varying groups; season ticket holders, single game purchasers and day of the game walkups. The Lions have always enjoyed a larger day of the game walkup crowd than any other CFL team. I have a hunch a vast majority of those day of the game walkups are people who live in that West End/False Creek area. Vancouver is notoriously last minute for deciding to go to games or events. These folks can be sitting in their condos or at their favourite Starbucks 2 hours before the game and decide maybe they should go. But if it took more effort to get to the stadium than a 10-15 minute walk they won't bother.
I'm not sure this still holds true. It seems that in recent years the announced presales and announced game-day attendance are roughly the same. It may be that there are several thousand no-shows replaced by several thousand walk-up buyers but I don't detect a big lineup for game-day ticket purchases.

As for your other points, I agree that suburbanites are more willing to travel great distances, and I too would love to know where the Lions' ticket-buying fan base lives. I know several Lions season ticket-holders and a couple of present and former Felions in my little Langley neighbourhood. I don't know anyone around here who attends Canucks games.