Vote Rory Fitzpatrick into the NHL All-Star Game!

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

For the fourth straight NHL All-Star Game, the MVP was awarded to a player from the losing team as the East's Daniel Briere won it with his 1 goal and 4 assists for 5 points in a losing cause.

One can argue that goals should mean more than assists or that it should be awarded to someone from the winning team. But I can understand how that somewhat spared the judges of having to choose between Rick Nash and Brian Rolston, each of which had 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points in the west's 12-9 win. And selecting a goaltender was difficult too as each of the three west's goalies allowed 3 goals. I suppose this is what is called a compromise? :roll:

There's obviously been complaints about CBC, but here is another one. The commentators announced they would be back from commercial to present the MVP award. But after coming back from commercial, they quickly ended the show to go to the National. :x
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote: It's all Bettman and company trying desperately to keep hockey going in markets it never should have been put into in the first place.
Can't argue that ! Anytime I see Bettman being interviewed reminds me of a bubblehead doll. His head is continually bobbing while he talks.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Image Image

"One.. one franchise!

"Two... two franchise!

"THREE... THREE franchise! Ah-ha-ha-ha..!"
(insert thunder and lightning)