Plasma TV and PS2

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. Please move as needed.

Looking for a bit of techy help. I have a 42" plasma TV. I also have a PS2 and want to play it on the plasma; however I have heard horror stories about burn-in etc.

Does anyone out there use plasma to play games? Or is LCD strictly the way to go?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

LG
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

You'll only get burn in, if you leave it on for extended periods of time without any action taking place.

Most tvs and STB's (both cable and satellite) have a built in screen savers to prevent this from happening.

Just make sure you turn off your PS2 or TV when not in use. I have an xbox 360 and use it on my sony bravia all the time.....looks great on the big screen (lcd in this case)
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
jim604
All Star

gaming on a plasma only has a few things you gotta know.

break in period. 200 hours. for the first 200 hours of the tv, restrist use to 6-8 hours at a time, no gaming.

calibrate the tv. incorrect high contrast and brightness settings can help you destroy your tv's life and possibly cause burn-in.
there are several dvd's you can use that are very cheap to make sure your expensive tv is calibrated correctly. check out Avia or DVE (digital video essentials) or if you have a copy of Star Wars or any other Lucas Arts DVD there is a THX video setup included free, which will do the job.

most of the newer plasma tv's do have pixel shifting technology to help reduce the chance of burn-in which also helps. the main thing you have to worry about is having that health bar/map thats up in the corner of the screen permanently burn-in to the screen.

also be sure to pick up component HD video cables for your ps2 for the best picture possible...itll be worth the $40 or so.

game on... :)
Soundy
Hall of Famer

And really... if you're playing games in stretches long enough to cause burn-in... you probably need to put down the controller and go outside more often :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.