ATTENDANCE THREAD FOR WESTERN FINAL

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

tosh
Rookie

7-11's all over still have tickets though so the east endzone isnt full yet just got some yesterday in Cloverdale

row R section 24 i think
so still good tickets there if you dont wanna be way up top
120dB
Legend

Sec. 19 moving right now, that's moving towards the banners in East End Zone Visitors side....

the West End is pretty much gone now....
Migs
Starter

Great job Vancouver!!!....keep it up and sellout that baby. :rockin:
Stampeder horse walks into a bar and the bartender says..."Why the Long face?"
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

tosh wrote:7-11's all over still have tickets though so the east endzone isnt full yet just got some yesterday in Cloverdale

row R section 24 i think
The 7-Eleven tickets are being heavily promoted for this game. It would be a shame to have most of the upper bowl full and thousands of empty 7-Eleven seats in the lower bowl under the scoreboard.

Those 3,000 seats count as being sold but they won't count toward the official attendance if the tickets are still sitting in drawers at individual stores.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Upper bowl is slim pickings now....mainly just singles.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
J5V

Did some crude math. The current horseshoe configuration seats 54,100. Capacity of 59,600 less 5,500 (10 tarped sectons of 550 each.)

FYI, BC Place has 46 lower bowl sections of 650 seats (29,900) plus 54 upper bowl sections of 550 seats (29,700.) Add them together for a total capacity of 59,600. :roar:

P.S. These are my numbers, I could be wrong. :oops: However, in '04 a mid season game against the Esks (BC won in overtime - wicked game) was a "lower bowl" sell out of around 29,900.
g-roy
Rookie

Hey guys Iam an attendance freak and I think Iknow the dome pretty well, with the with the tarps on the scoreboard endzone we are at 52000 capacity, it appears they may be taking those tarps off when I query for tickets on ticketmaster they are now showing tickets available in that endzone, the lower bowl has 50 sections and the upper bowl has 54, it looks like right now we are sitting at around 51,000. lets jam the dome and make sure those 7 eleven tickets take gobbled up not bad for $49 for two tickets. and if u sit in that section I know u cant unforuantely see the scoreboard but if you look back u can see the tv's which are placed there for the suites its pretty good and u can see the highlights. I am hoping the lower prices than 04 will provid us witha better walkup in these last 24 crucial hours. enjoy and help jam the dome :rockin: :cr:
120dB
Legend

Sec 22 is now moving, that's the first section of banner so that's one banner they have to pull off the seats.....
David
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
tosh wrote:7-11's all over still have tickets though so the east endzone isnt full yet just got some yesterday in Cloverdale

row R section 24 i think
The 7-Eleven tickets are being heavily promoted for this game. It would be a shame to have most of the upper bowl full and thousands of empty 7-Eleven seats in the lower bowl under the scoreboard.

Those 3,000 seats count as being sold but they won't count toward the official attendance if the tickets are still sitting in drawers at individual stores.
I think those 7-11 stores should have until midnight tonight to sell them, then any unsold inventory gets turned over to the Lions to sell on game day. That's what Safeway used to do for big games - they would 'hand over' their unsold packs of tickets before the game.

There's no way a couple should have to sit in row ZZ of Level 4, just 'cause some store in Point Grey can't sell their tickets.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
J5V

I think the first banner is on Sec. 23

10 of them (1 CFL & 9 teams.) Sec.'s 23 to 32. I could be wrong though. :oops:
120dB
Legend

this thread is up to 10,172 views!
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

with 10000 of them being from you alone
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:with 10000 of them being from you alone
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

zing!!!!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
BEEECEEE
All Star

I think we just surpassed 50,000 now. I think overestimating the crowd a bit because I can still get 6 in section 7 VV

Regardless its gonna be loud.
Formely sfu_guy