ATTENDANCE THREAD FOR WESTERN FINAL

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

I think 55,000 is realistic with Riders in town.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Rammer
Team Captain

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:I think 55,000 is realistic with Riders in town.
I would be happy to reach 50K, but 47K may be the maximum I think.
Entertainment value = an all time low
120dB
Legend

Oh come on!!!!!! Get real!!!!!
almo89
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:I think 55,000 is realistic with Riders in town.
I would be happy to reach 50K, but 47K may be the maximum I think.
Hard to say. I mean we are ahead in ticket sales from 04. We'll see if any snowball effect will happen this year
David
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:I would be happy to reach 50K, but 47K may be the maximum I think. .
Same here. Given the slow start and where we all thought we'd be, I'd take 50K in a heartbeat.

If we can hit 40,000 by mid-week, then I'd say that can snowball so that there's a decent chance to hit 50K by game time. We just need the buzz meter turned up. I would like to see the Lions step up as you just can't rely on the media to do your advertising for you. That said, I am glad to see that the Sun will feature a special West Final supplement in Thursday's paper. :thup:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
120dB
Legend

Any guesses on what they'll draw in Montreal? They've drawn 60,000 before and a 65,000 for the Grey Cup. I hope they don't outdraw us
almo89
Legend

120dB wrote:Any guesses on what they'll draw in Montreal? They've drawn 60,000 before and a 65,000 for the Grey Cup. I hope they don't outdraw us
they'll probably outdraw us but it doesn't matter does it? I mean our stadium doesn't hold as many seats. Plus it's the game that counts. Who cares how many shows up. Just make sure you show up and cheer loud.
120dB
Legend

how many does Olympic hold?
bc49
Hall of Famer

Some interesting grains of salt.
I say grains of salt as all following information derived from kicking tires over at ticketmaster.ca
Encouraging nonetheless.

Endzone seating in the lower bowl down to singles only. (save 7-11 sections) If this is indeed true it is great news as the bargain hunters - of which they are many - have 6 days to be filling the many upper deck endzone and corners seats and work on filling in that hoseshoe config.

Also of interest the first sold out section is the high rent lower bowl ($69)
Joshua

rf.com has a who's going to Van thread and there are some tickets bought and flights booked already

I hope BC markets the heck out of this one - I know I will be
SammyGreene
Team Captain

It will be interesting to see what the ticket number is in the next update. Last year, it was at 32,500 on the Wednesday before game.

With the lower bowl already down to singles and a good number sold upstairs, they have to be pretty close to 35,000 already.

How quick they can hit 40,000 will be key because it's a big number that will get the attention of the very casual fan who will want to be there as much for the atmosphere as the game itself.
That's what it will take to hit 50,000 given it's 14,000 more than the Lions' largest regular season crowd this year.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

I'll stand by my 47,000 prediction, but quietly hope for more.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Joshua wrote:rf.com has a who's going to Van thread and there are some tickets bought and flights booked already

Well that's good, but I am not worried about anything happeing in BC like it did in Calgary...for a couple of reasons...

Over 30,000 tickets were sold prior to the Riders advancing...some may be Rider fans but not that many...the lower bowl is basically filled, and the upper bowl has a good start. Unless there is a mover underfoot to buy a big block and bus/fly people out any Rider fans will be spread out like they were in 2004.

The crowd will be deafening and it won't be for the Riders.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Joshua

OrangeShoes99 wrote:
Joshua wrote:rf.com has a who's going to Van thread and there are some tickets bought and flights booked already

Well that's good, but I am not worried about anything happeing in BC like it did in Calgary...for a couple of reasons...

Over 30,000 tickets were sold prior to the Riders advancing...some may be Rider fans but not that many...the lower bowl is basically filled, and the upper bowl has a good start. Unless there is a mover underfoot to buy a big block and bus/fly people out any Rider fans will be spread out like they were in 2004.

18 hours will keep the guys cramming into vans unable to attend...there wont be 20% of what there was in Calgary
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Joshua wrote:
OrangeShoes99 wrote:

18 hours will keep the guys cramming into vans unable to attend...there wont be 20% of what there was in Calgary
Well not only that but some of the comments I am hearing suggest a win is in the bag, so some are going to be saving their cake for a trip to Winnipeg I woud think. ;)
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.