ATTENDANCE THREAD FOR WESTERN FINAL

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

smphantom
Legend

pinkfreud wrote:You hear banging noise so much these days it's easy to tune it out.
I wish I could tune out my upstairs neighbours banging noise.... :x :sigh:
Stay thirsty my friends.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

smphantom wrote:
pinkfreud wrote:You hear banging noise so much these days it's easy to tune it out.
I wish I could tune out my upstairs neighbours banging noise.... :x :sigh:
Maybe they are having a good time if you get my drift. :lol: :lol:
grainbuyer
prospect

Standing and cheering for the defence while whistling or screaming your lungs out 'til an O-lineman jumps or the QB calls time-out?

That's how you make noise!!
This works quite well at Mosaic(Taylor Field) :thup:
Lancaster---Austin---Joseph???
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
bc49 wrote:Thundersticks blow.
They are a simply a means of conveying an advertising message disguised as a useful cheering tool.
They are in fact horrible nosie makers. You can make a much louder sound by clapping your hands.
Thanks but no thanks on the thundersticks.
:whs:

An annoying, played-out, totally useless noise-making device and a cheap gimmick for a company looking to brand it's name next to an event. I won't even touch one let alone actually use it.

Standing and cheering for the defence while whistling or screaming your lungs out 'til an O-lineman jumps or the QB calls time-out?

That's how you make noise!!

DH 8)
:whs: Hate 'em... wont even touch 'em.
120dB
Legend

Do the Als have a message board like this or a separate Fan Board? I wanna see how tickets are going for the Eastern Final in Montreal.
D
Team Captain

I own The Grey Cup! .com
Arny
Champion

Well, I just bought my tickets. Level 4, Section 45, row KK, seats 7-9

I'm in baby!!! :thup:
120dB
Legend

We're ahead of '04's pace. At this time in 2004 we were at 28,000 and they sold 25,000 tickets in the last 7 days. The Semi Final game was the blast off point.

We're now at 32,000 so that's 4000 ahead of the '04 pace; we have to keep up the momentum....
almo89
Legend

120dB wrote:We're ahead of '04's pace. At this time in 2004 we were at 28,000 and they sold 25,000 tickets in the last 7 days. The Semi Final game was the blast off point.

We're now at 32,000 so that's 4000 ahead of the '04 pace; we have to keep up the momentum....
That's good news! After tomorrow, we should see the tickets sell a lot faster. :thup:
Rammer
Team Captain

almo89 wrote:
120dB wrote:We're ahead of '04's pace. At this time in 2004 we were at 28,000 and they sold 25,000 tickets in the last 7 days. The Semi Final game was the blast off point.

That's good news! After tomorrow, we should see the tickets sell a lot faster. :thup:
The Riders of 04 had their Rider Nation threaten to come down to BC Place, while a few did, not nearly as many as was first feared did. That may be the case once again if the Riders head west of Calgary, but on the flip side, the Stamps don't bring that threat of their fans moving into our Place. So the Riders will make this an event style match up, if the Stamps are in, then we have to rely upon Lewis/Copeland/Creehan making the papers in order to draw that event style ticket purchase.
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

Tough call as to which team will make a more compelling draw. Here are the story lines depending on which team comes out west.

CALGARY
* Creehan's "bounty" comments / bulletin board material this week.
* Bad blood between the two teams as a result.
* Copeland and Lewis II.
* Calgary won the last game between the two teams.
* Calgary regarded as the most talented team next to B.C.

(I don't see too many fans from Calgary making the trip out. In fact, for most games vs the Stamps at BC Place, I could fit their fans in my living room....and I live in Vancouver! :lol:).

SASKATCHEWAN
* Have given B.C. all kinds of trouble....chance for redemption / games are always close.
* Bad blood between the two teams (a brawl nearly broke out prior to their last game at Mosaic).
* The defence that always seems to give Dave fits.
* A replay of the 2004 West Final and all the excitement that brought.
* While I don't see their fans travelling 2 weeks in a row, they would definitely buy more tickets than Stamps fans, especially among transplants.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
BEEECEEE
All Star

Lower Bowl soldout as per ticketmaster. If the lions side of the fieled is selling at sections 37 and 45 in LL to OO upper level, then the crowd count probably sits at 32,000 - 33,000.
Formely sfu_guy
J5V

Well looks to me like there are no more pairs left in the lower bowl (except 7-11 seats, I'm sure there's plenty.) Looks like they're selling goal line to goal line on the BC Lions bench side and mid-field seats on the visitor's side in the upper bowl.

The big difference this year than '04 and '05 is that the upper bowl is primarily $29. a seat (priced to move.) This lower price will really help move these seats to the fence sitters when they begin to hear the big-event buzz. It also helps when you have a 59 k seat stadium without a bad seat in the house. I'm guessing the current ticket count is in the low to mid 30's now.
squishy35
Legend

I expect that with the Riders in the final there will be a surge in ticket sales this week. :yes:
BEEECEEE
All Star

squishy35 wrote:I expect that with the Riders in the final there will be a surge in ticket sales this week. :yes:
Its already happening

The other side is already in the kk, when before the game it was in the C's.
Formely sfu_guy