ATTENDANCE THREAD FOR WESTERN FINAL

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

J5V

The lower bowl holds about 29,500. Sounds like it's almost sold out except for the higher rows at the back of the end-zone (and probably lots of 7-11 tickets left too.)
120dB
Legend

oh yeah it must be way over 30,000 now, mabey closer to 35,000 if they're working on both sides of the Upper Level which also holds 29,000. Capacity is 59,621. 60,342 for soccer cause they put in end zone seats on one end. That's the number they had for the first ever event in there, Sounders-Whitecaps game in June of '83, we won 2-1.

Just leafing through my 80s stuff. Soccer Bowl in '84 was 50,000. The Grey Cup in Montreal in 1977 was over 69,000. I think Wally played in that one. In 1976 there was an Olympic soccer game at Olympic Stadium between Poland and some team that drew 68,000.

I'm trying to get a crowd count for Montreal for Nov. 12. I don't think the Als have their own message board. strange.

But I'm afraid Montreal may outdraw our game. Would not be surprised to see 60,000 for the Eastern Final.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

(Vancouver) With the 2006 Scotiabank West Championship just 10 days away, the BC Lions Football Club has responded to brisk ticket sales by opening up more upper deck seating at BC Place Stadium.

?We are very excited about the response of fans to this year?s Scotiabank West Championship and in a effort to ensure the best possible seats are available, we are moving ahead with opening up prime sections in the upper deck,? said Lions? president and CEO Bob Ackles.

Advance ticket sales for the Lions? game versus the winner of the Scotiabank West Semi-Final between Calgary and Saskatchewan surpassed the 30,000 mark on Wednesday. Next Sunday?s tilt will be the first time this season that fans will have the opportunity to sit in the upper deck behind the visitor?s bench (Sections 13-16)
No press conference today but at least a press release to help build momentum.
The Lions should get city hall to declare next week "B.C. Lions Week" ... leading up to the Western Final with their flag flying at city hall.

Nice to see BC49's favourite watering hole ??Mugs and Jugs at the College Place Hotel ? with a "Go Lions" in their ad today in the Province. :thup:
bc49
Hall of Famer

This press release Mr.Greene speaks of noted that ticket sales surpassed the 30k mark on Wednesday.
That's a solid base to work from thus after this Sundays semi-finals it sets the Lions up good for a solid 6 days of Us vs Them sales momentum in a town that generally is a 'week of the game' commitment minded.

It shouldn't be long now until the lower bowl endzone facing the board fills up and the $29 cheapies move upstairs exclusivley. That's where your big attendance numbers come from those 8k or so upper deck endzones/corners. Without them you're sunk for a 40k+ crowd.

And of course you're gonna need the cheap seats filled for any hope of completing the horseshoe of death configuration upstairs.

And yes it was very excellent of the mugs and jugs to slap a go lions in their ad today!
120dB
Legend

I asked the Lions about the Bam Bams and I was told that 30,000 Bam Bams will be handed out prior to game time. Those are the balloons you blow up and bang together.

30,000 Bam Bams will sound great. I still have mine from '04.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:Soccer Bowl in '84 was 50,000.
I believe you mean Soccer Bowl 1983, which was played in BC Place on October 1, 1983. The attendance was actually 58,452.

Despite having a great 24-6 season, the Whitecaps were eliminated by the Toronto Blizzard in the playoffs. Final score of the 1983 Soccer Bowl was 2-0 for the Tulsa Roughnecks over Toronto.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:I asked the Lions about the Bam Bams and I was told that 30,000 Bam Bams will be handed out prior to game time. Those are the balloons you blow up and bang together.

30,000 Bam Bams will sound great. I still have mine from '04.
Bam Bams, thundersticks, whatever you want to call them...SUCK.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
J5V

The ones for '04 were great, you could really wail on them; the ones from '05 sucked - flimsy and broke instantly.
bc49
Hall of Famer

Thundersticks blow.
They are a simply a means of conveying an advertising message disguised as a useful cheering tool.
They are in fact horrible nosie makers. You can make a much louder sound by clapping your hands.
Thanks but no thanks on the thundersticks.
David
Team Captain

bc49 wrote:Thundersticks blow.
They are a simply a means of conveying an advertising message disguised as a useful cheering tool.
They are in fact horrible nosie makers. You can make a much louder sound by clapping your hands.
:whs:

An annoying, played-out, totally useless noise-making device and a cheap gimmick for a company looking to brand it's name next to an event. I won't even touch one let alone actually use it.

Standing and cheering for the defence while whistling or screaming your lungs out 'til an O-lineman jumps or the QB calls time-out?

That's how you make noise!!

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
QB#9
Starter

How about 30,000 airhorns. :lol: That'll make some noise.
120dB
Legend

No, the $ 29 upper end zone seats have NOT been released. The Lions don't know if the end zones uppers will go on sale. It will depend on demand.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

120dB wrote:No, the $ 29 upper end zone seats have NOT been released. The Lions don't know if the end zones uppers will go on sale. It will depend on demand.
Yes they have 120db.... try it.

There is no silver ($34) price section in the upper deck..... so the $29 seats start at the 20-yard-line (a great deal!). The more that sell... the more that price category gets closer to the corners and end zone.
pinkfreud

David wrote:

An annoying, played-out, totally useless noise-making device and a cheap gimmick for a company looking to brand it's name next to an event. I won't even touch one let alone actually use it.

Standing and cheering for the defence while whistling or screaming your lungs out 'til an O-lineman jumps or the QB calls time-out?

DH 8)
They bust really easily and many people end up throwing them around at each other. I think it's more intimidating to hear people yelling and screaming anyhow. You hear banging noise so much these days it's easy to tune it out.
Shelion
Champion

David wrote:

DH 8)
:beauty: