ATTENDANCE THREAD FOR WESTERN FINAL

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

O'Shea

If it was featured in our local papers with uninspiring 5"x7" black + white ads, with only 3 game packs as the primary marketing hook? No it wouldn't.

I don't get the impression that the NFL stands in the way of the Lions not getting 50,000 for the Western Final. The decision to not spend the money to make this a "must-see" event like they did for '04 WDF does.

DH 8)
Well said David!!! I fully agree :thup:

Very few at work today seemed to know there was a Lions game this past Saturday and those same people certainly had no clue (before running into me) we are currently #1 in the West, with the Western Final coming up Nov 12th :sigh:

I still say Lions' Marketing needs to do a lot more to promote this team properly. :x
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Attention Lions marketing department:

http://www.stampeders.com/index.php?mod ... &nid=13021

Imagine that.... trying to create some hype and excitement right downtown. Turning a playoff game into an event and getting the whole city behind it.

Where's Murray Pezim when you need him. :oops:
David
Team Captain

Hey, careful now SammyGreene. There was a call-to-action when our PA announcer mentioned the West Final as they flashed it on the DiamonVision with 2:56 left in Saturday's game. :roll:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

asianflow wrote: I hate to say this, but I believe a NFL Pre-season game in Vancouver would outdraw the West final.
I agree. I still get NFL fans in this city laughing at me when I tell them I am a Lions Season ticket holder. I prefer the CFL and the Canadian game but I think I'm in the minority when it comes to football fans in this city. I have to admit I'd be going to an NFL preseason game myself if held here in the Dome.
David
Team Captain

Just out of curiosity notahomer, how old are you? Also, where in Van do you live? I know a few "NFL only's" but most of my peers are at least receptive to the Lions/CFL. I even got a couple to become season ticket holders.

I'm not denying there aren't some wannabe Americans in this market that fawn all over the NFL (and use cutsie nickhames for US cities like "T-Bay" and "Minny" and say "how 'bout dem Cowboys?" in their most pathetic American drawl :roll:), but IMO their numbers aren't nearly as great as a city like Toronto.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
The Pez
Starter

somebody call?haha I would have to agree. A guy at work today actually said"too bad the Lions didn't make the playoffs this year"! I think he thought since they are not playing this weekend they were out. :? They need to get the word out ,a little hype would be better than none. Market some of these great players we have. Everyone should know what Geroy has accomplished this year,whether they're a football fan or not. oh well...let's see how many people we can get out to the final and go LIONS!
J5V

Too negative, too soon !

Firstly, I'm not to sure how accurate that 24 K number is. I'm trying to buy 7 cheapies for the WDF and all ticketmaster.ca can offer is Section 53 row MM. These are endzoners (pretty much watching the game from between the goal posts,) high up in level 2.

Even if you're looking for only 2 tickets, Sec. 53 is the best you can get right now. I'll guess that the lower bowl is getting fairly full.

I'll wait now til' they open more level 4 seats.

I'm still predicting over 50 k.
The Pez
Starter

I agree the 24000 # is wrong as I too am trying to get tickets and it is pretty much packed. Hoping they will release some more upper deck. But the fact remains the marketing could improve. Player posters and schedules in bars like you see with the Canucks. So the non fan is at least exposed to the team.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Assuming the place is pretty much packed because of what you see at ticketbastard is WRONG! They have continually done this throughout the year to people. I've had people say they can't get two in a row yada yada but when promted to go to the window or the Lions voila tickets majically appear.

Call the Lions ticket office. :yes:
The Pez
Starter

J5V

The problem with the Lions ticket office is that unless you have a season ticket account with them they can't sell you tickets. They'll tell you that you have to try ticketmaster.
120dB
Legend

so will the cancellation of the Stones show boost Western Final ticket sales? It might....
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:so will the cancellation of the Stones show boost Western Final ticket sales? It might....
Who were the Stones playing? 8)
bc49
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote: Who were the Stones playing? 8)
They were playing the Ti-Cats.
Stones are favoured by 6.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

bc49 wrote:
Lion Guy wrote: Who were the Stones playing? 8)
They were playing the Ti-Cats.
Stones are favoured by 6.
For now, but take away their "juice" (Geritol) and its a pick-em as far as I'm concerned.