Robbie
Hall of Famer

Two shows that I grew up watching when I was a kid:

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
Mr. Dressup

Both Fred Rogers and Ernie Coombs have left us now. :bawl:
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Six Feet Under was one of the best shows ever. It ran on HBO in the US, not sure if it ran in Canada. When the series finale aired last year I was left feeling very sad, like I was saying goodbye to a dear friend who I knew deep down I would never see again. purrfect thread title.
Rick James
Legend

GI Joe
He-Man and the masters of the universe
Ghostbusters
Photog
Legend

The Pretender.
got all 4 seasons on dvd. too bad they never completed the 3rd and 4th tv movies. :(
The Official Has-Been.
D
Team Captain

I wish they would show reruns of Barney Miller ..... it's old but hilarious 8)
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Repeating a posting I made earlier, I also miss these two sports news programs:

#1. CBC Sportsline
Throughout the 1980's, CBC had a weekly segment, usually at 11:00 PM on Saturday evenings dedicated to sports news. Steve Armitage would often host it. Sometimes that had a trivia contest where the first three callers with the right answers would win a CBC cap. The opening credits in 1988 showed Larry Crawford running down the sidelines and taking off his helmet after he scored a TD. The show was canceled during the CBC cutbacks of the early 1990's.

#2. Lions Playbook
During the 1987 CFL season, there was a half-hour weekly show on Wednesday evenings if I recall correctly, on CKVU-13 dedicated to news of the BC Lions. Highlights of the previous week's game was shown as well as a preview of the upcoming game. And often, there would be a player on the show for an in-studio interview. That show never came back in 1988.

Do any of you remember that show?
D
Team Captain

#2. Lions Playbook
During the 1987 CFL season, there was a half-hour weekly show on Wednesday evenings if I recall correctly, on CKVU-13 dedicated to news of the BC Lions. Highlights of the previous week's game was shown as well as a preview of the upcoming game. And often, there would be a player on the show for an in-studio interview. That show never came back in 1988.

Do any of you remember that show?
They did it during 85 as well with Don Mathews ..... and I have most of it on VHS
I own The Grey Cup! .com
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

another lessor known show that I liked was a delightful show with Richard Thomas called Just Cause. Cant figure out why some shows dont last longer. Seems the american people want darker more serious shows these days, at least for one hr shows.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Already mentioned on another thread, but the Canadian Football Network (CFN) which was syndicated on CKVU-13 from 1987 to 1990.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Already mentioned on another thread, but the Canadian Football Network (CFN) which was syndicated on CKVU-13 from 1987 to 1990.
you can see all those games weekly on espn classic, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ....... sigh

enjoy :thup: :yes:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
O'Shea

Sex in the City
Queer as Folk
Seinfeld, but it is rather easy to find a rerun at pretty much any time of day, if you flip enough.

Older shows:

Fawlty Towers
Are You Being Served
On the Buses
Benny Hill
Rammer
Team Captain

Does anyone recall the early to mid seventies series call "Survivors", a BBC production about the aftermath of an apocalyptic event? Loved that series back in the day of only having CBC available.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Babylon 5
Deep Space Nine
Serenity
Buffy and Angel

Courtesy of Oshea
Fawlty Towers
Are You Being Served
On the Buses
Benny Hill

Other Older Shows
Magnum PI
Starsky and Hutch
Carol Brunette Show
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
bc49
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:On the Buses
:thup:
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

bc49 wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:On the Buses
:thup:
Blakey, Reg and Mom...... :thup: :thup:

Also remember a british show about young doctors...in the same genre....they were at St. Switherns.....anyone remember the name?
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008