Damon Allen

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

I've been meaning to post this since Grey Cup Weekend, but better late then never...

At fanfest and the cheer show, Damon Allen was standing somewhere signing autographs. Everyone was going up to him and he then moved to an autograph tent. I went up to him at the tent and asked him if he could sign my jersey, he mumbled and signed it in a grouchy tone. But then after i got an autograph, an ADULT came up and DA started up a conversation with the guy even though he had an Als jersey on at the time. I heard that when he was QB for BC he wasn't the nicest guy but I've read on this site a couple times that he is friendly and kind.... Anyone else ever have any issues with the guy before?
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
almo89
Legend

I remember one season the Lions had a light practice at Coquitlam Town Centre. After the light practice they had food and drinks for the fans and the players took autographs. Guys like Lui Passaglia and Rod Harris (if u guys remember him) were really nice. Then when i went up to Damon, he was kinda grouchy and didn't say anything but signed my team poster.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

almo89 wrote:I remember one season the Lions had a light practice at Coquitlam Town Centre. After the light practice they had food and drinks for the fans and the players took autographs. Guys like Lui Passaglia and Rod Harris (if u guys remember him) were really nice. Then when i went up to Damon, he was kinda grouchy and didn't say anything but signed my team poster.
Also, my dad was doing some marketing for them and met Damon in their ticket office and asked him to sign the DA Bobblehead they gave out, he said sorry and walked away! :roll:

Photog
Legend

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:Also, my dad was doing some marketing for them and met Damon in their ticket office and asked him to sign the DA Bobblehead they gave out, he said sorry and walked away! :roll:
It is often frowned upon to ask for autographs when you are working with someone, such as in your dads situation. Personally, I have never asked any lions players for autographs, and probably never will as long as I shoot for them.
Damon has always been nice and cooperative with me at events when I ask him to pose for a quick pic.
IMHO, he appears to be a very quiet person, and I can imagine him not being overly receptive to people at times.
The Official Has-Been.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Photog wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:Also, my dad was doing some marketing for them and met Damon in their ticket office and asked him to sign the DA Bobblehead they gave out, he said sorry and walked away! :roll:
It is often frowned upon to ask for autographs when you are working with someone, such as in your dads situation. Personally, I have never asked any lions players for autographs, and probably never will as long as I shoot for them.
Damon has always been nice and cooperative with me at events when I ask him to pose for a quick pic.
IMHO, he appears to be a very quiet person, and I can imagine him not being overly receptive to people at times.
The autograph was for a promotion.

Except it didn't turn out to be a promotion since he didn't sign it.

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I remember the Lions having a spaghetti dinner for the seasons ticket holders at the Plaza of Nations several years ago. A few of the Lions players (Mike Trevathan, Damon Allen, Lui Passaglia, Mark Nohra) were also there to sign autographs. Damon Allen was the only one that wasn't mingling with the crowds. He was sitting upstairs in a dark corner with his wife. He never was or ever will be one of my favourite player.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

And you'd think he would of been nice to me at Fanfest because I am a kid! :no: :sigh:

Rammer
Team Captain

almo89 wrote:I remember one season the Lions had a light practice at Coquitlam Town Centre. After the light practice they had food and drinks for the fans and the players took autographs. Guys like Lui Passaglia and Rod Harris (if u guys remember him) were really nice. Then when i went up to Damon, he was kinda grouchy and didn't say anything but signed my team poster.
Harris gave me some good 40 yardline tickets once upon a time, he is well remembered.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Smooth
All Star

Damon is very childish. Refusing to sign autographs and brushing people off is part of who he is.

I'm thankful he is gone.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Smooth wrote:Damon is very childish. Refusing to sign autographs and brushing people off is part of who he is.

I'm thankful he is gone.
The first year DA was gone and DD was in his rookie year as a lion, I met him in Vancouver and gave me numerous autographs! :rockin:

MacNews
Team Captain

If I was Damon I'd love to autograph peoples' stuff. :yes:
Darius

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:
Also, my dad was doing some marketing for them and met Damon in their ticket office and asked him to sign the DA Bobblehead they gave out, he said sorry and walked away! :roll:
When I asked him in the ticket office, he said sure, smiled, and signed my DA bobblehead. Maybe he was in a bad mood when you approached him. I also met his brother MA at the Cactus Club recently during Grey Cup. He was approachable, shook my hand and stuff. I said "Marcus, you're career was brilliant, but your brother Damon is something else. He's amazing for this league and football in general". He actually got a little choked up and said "thanks man, that means a lot for me. I am here for him this weekend. This weekend is all about him". I suspect he is used to people talking to him about Marcus and not Damon. I think those two are pretty close.
Photog
Legend

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:he said sorry
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote: The autograph was for a promotion.
Well, at least he said sorry. bad timing?
Anyways, i'm sorry you had a bad experience with him.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

SM and I saw him 3 times over the course of GC week. Once was at the airport when we were picking up GCG and Bub, once was at Walby's Warriors taping, and once was in the lobby of the Wall Centre on the way into SoE. All 3 times he was gracious and accomodating. Everyone's entitled to an off day. Even people who are more inclined to be in the spotlight. I realized that they are people just like we are, and that even Damon Allen has to wait for his luggage at the airport! :lol:
Real women wear orange!!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Photog wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:he said sorry
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote: The autograph was for a promotion.
Well, at least he said sorry. bad timing?
Anyways, i'm sorry you had a bad experience with him.
Lion82 more then makes up for DA's bad people skills! :thup: :rockin: :yes: